Registered Nurse in accord with Brooks policies, procedures, and standards, is responsible for the nursing care planning and management of residents.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Registered Nurse license in the state of Florida
- 1 year of skilled nursing or acute care experience
- Current CPR/BLS Certification (Card must be obtained through a hands on class, NOT an online class. Need a CPR class CLICK HERE?)
Hours: Full Time and Part Time Shifts Available
Location: Brooks University Crossing
Brooks Skilled Nursing
The focus of our skilled nursing services is to provide comprehensive rehabilitation to improve the long-term quality of life for each of our patients. We provide state-of-the-art treatment facilities with the latest equipment to ensure that each of our patients has the best chance for recovery.
As of August 2016, our new University Crossing Skilled Nursing Facility on the main Brooks Rehabilitation campus located at University and Beach Blvd. in Jacksonville, Florida is now accepting patients. This three-story 82,000 sq. ft. facility has 111 beds and serves patients in need of both short and long-term rehabilitation.
Each of its three floors houses a therapy gym, living room, activity space, and dining room. The facility also features walking paths, a healing garden, and an outdoor therapy courtyard, providing a peaceful setting for patients and their families
Role: RN/Registered Nurse - All Shifts - Skilled Nursing
Apply for this job now.