Are you looking for an opportunity to learn about manufacturing and technology from the ground up? If you answered yes to these questions, then Pridgeon & Clay is looking for you!
CareerPaths: As part of Pridgeon & Clay's award-winning CareerPaths program, the Laser Technician/Programmer Trainee learns the practical and theoretical aspects of Laser Programming using a hands-on approach to learning. Employees work under the supervision of skilled technicians on the prototyping team to provide our customers with the best possible products through new and innovative manufacturing techniques. Through education in a Tooling & Manufacturing Technology Associate's program and dedicated internal hands-on training, Pridgeon & Clay invests in your career and your success so that you can become a skilled technician within 7 years or less.
As a Laser Technician/Programmer, you'll work with a mentor to gain valuable real-world experience.
We're looking for the following qualities from you:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience operating manufacturing machinery
- Ability and desire to enroll in a Tooling and Manufacturing Associate's program within 6 months of starting work, as well as attending other off-site training classes
- Experience using quality tools such as micrometers, calipers and gages
- Ability to pass written and practical tests to obtain company forklift/hi-lo and crane license
- Proven mechanical inclination and general math and manufacturing knowledge through standardized tests
- Computer literacy
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must not have a pace-maker
- An excellent work record, including attendance
- Previous machine shop experience or shop classes completed
- Experience with Tig Welding a plus
Preventative Maintenance/Standardized Work:
- Learn and assist in performing general preventative maintenance to machine such as changing oils, fluids, filters, and coolant, and complete corresponding documentation
- Review daily work center schedule to ensure projects are completed on time, reporting any significant changes to management.Â
- Record project time information in EAM daily.
- Prepare parts for shipment after the laser process is complete.
- Assist in preparing Buyoff samples for Quality.
- Work with Engineering and Quality Departments to resolve issues and maximize manufacturability of components.
- Perform other duties as required to support product development and production needs.
- Program off-line and operate 2D/3D CNC based work centers, including laser, mills, lathe, and wire EDM.
- Design, set up, and qualify CNC fixtures and patterns for prototype
A Global Leader: Pridgeon & Clay is one of the largest independent, value-added manufacturers and suppliers of stamped and fine blanked components for a variety of industries and applications. A global workforce of over 1000 skilled employees contributes to our full service approach to design, prototyping, validation, and manufacturing excellence.
Pridgeon & Clay is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a private, family-owned company, Pridgeon & Clay offers outstanding benefits to its full time employees:
* Premier employer-paid medical, prescription and dental insurance
* Wellness program and optional vision insurance
* Annual bonus program
* Generous 25% 401(k) match with no cap. Example: Employee contribution $10K , company match $2,500
* Vacation, personal time, and earned time off
* 10.5 annual company holidays
* Award-winning training
* $10,500 Tuition Reimbursement
Role: Laser Programmer / Technician - 2nd Shift
Location: Grand Rapids,
Apply for this job now.