The Medical Assistant duties will consist of but not be limited to:
- Assisting doctor with procedure room preparation.
- Assist in patient check-in and preparation.
- Assist doctor during procedures.
- Assist in procedure room and office clean-up.
- Call in prescriptions as necessary.
- Demonstrate flexibility in work hours and load as schedule demands.
- Any other duties assigned by Medical Director/Director of Nursing/Administrator.
- Travel to appropriate center as needed.
Successful candidates for the Medical Assistant position should be a graduate of accredited Medical Assistant program and have current CPR Certification. Someone with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills would be a good fit for this dynamic healthcare role. Bilingual is a plus but not a requirement.
- Utilizes supplies, equipment, and resources to contain costs without compromising patient care.
- Demonstrates competence and expertise in medical assisting.
- Seeks guidance, direction, and assistance where needed.
- Maintains confidentially of all patient and clinic documents and communication.
- Facilitates flow in keeping exam rooms continually full, and keeping the doctor on schedule.
- Recognizes and uses appropriate lines of communication.
- Knowledgeable in the handling and disposal of contaminated needles and other waste products.
- Provide backup to patient education secondary to the doctor.
- Responsible for all patient prescription refill requests, both by patients and pharmacies.
- Responsible for ordering supplies and keeping rooms and other areas properly stocked.
- Knowledge and ability to educate the patients on proper usage of prescribed medications.
- Obtaining prior authorizations for all diagnostic studies and referrals to outside physicians.
- Scheduling appointments for diagnostic studies.
- Tracks films and reports prior to patient’s follow-up appointment.
- Handles all patient calls related to their care.
- Seeks guidance, direction and assistance where needed.
Lags Medical Centers is the primary care musculoskeletal provider for California's Ventura County, Central Coast, Central Valley, and now Portland, Oregon. Lags' commitment to total wellness and holistic healing is rooted in the use of non-invasive, ethical, and cost effective treatment plans that help patients manage and alleviate pain.
Lags has a 15 year record of working closely with community health centers, community healthcare providers and insurers to create meaningful relationships with patients and treatment plans that work.
Lags Medical Centers provide treatment options for patients that focus on total wellness. Our treatments are intended to be restorative, minimally invasive and avoid the expenses of long term medications.
In California's Ventura County, Central Coast and Central Valley, Lags works closely with county community health centers, as well as Concentra in Fresno. We have become the preferred provider in pain management for the regions' medi-Cal populations and now Lags is opening the first Oregon facility in Portland.
Role: Medical Assistant
Location: Santa Barbara,
Apply for this job now.