Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £375 - £450 per day
Lead Test Engineer (Python / C++) / £375 - £450pd (Outside IR35) / Bristol
*Python / C++ / React / Jango / Atlassian Jira / Bambo / Bitbucket / Git*
An interesting company based in Bristol are looking for a Lead Test Engineer to join their company set up a Test Practice for them.
The right candidate will be an experienced Test lead or Test manager that has experience of setting up test infrastructure and processes as well as being able to do hands-on testing. You will need to be experienced at system level testing as well as at Unit level. And you will need to be able to have a reasonable understanding of the code you're testing and the overall systems that code lives in.
- Experience in setting up test functions from scratch.
- Test Governance and best practice
- Strong experience with Python / C++
- Test strategies
- Test Plans
- Track record in working across the full range of testing tiers, such as unit testing, functional testing, end-user acceptance testing and non-functional testing.
- Ability to interpret project mandates/business requirements to develop effective testing plans, including success criteria and a clear understanding of risk.
- This is a 'hands on' role; the individual is expected to create the tests then do them.
- Technically grounded, with a broad understanding of the major topics driving modern IT.
- Experienced in working with non-technical end-users and senior stakeholders, expressing the benefits and outcomes of testing regimes in terms of business outcome, commercial risk and end-user experience.