Duration: 4th January 2021 - July 2021
Pay: £65-75 per day negotiable dependant on experience and/or training
Role: Learning Mentor working in across two sites of a pupil referral unit
Do you want to make a difference and up for a challenge?
Have you had experience supporting secondary aged pupils or young people?
Are you based in London and can travel to Wandsworth daily?
We are looking for experienced staff to work in a pupil referral unit (PRU) in Wandsworth. The role will involve delivering 1:1 or small group learning or sports activities, assisting in classrooms, managing challenging behaviours and providing a strong support system for vulnerable pupils within the school.
The school have two sites based in Wandsworth. The successful applicant will be based in both their site in Tooting and site local to King George's Park working with secondary aged pupils who have had difficulties accessing schooling. The site additionally has a small unit for pupils with autism and/or complex needs so having experience with SEN will be beneficial but is not essential.
The role is full-time Monday to Friday from 8:30 - 4:15pm daily dependant on staff meetings and will be during school term times.
If you are confident in your abilities to work in a pupil referral unit or have experience in any of the areas below send your CV today.
- Learning Mentor, Teaching Assistant, Learning Support Assistant
- Graduate (2:2 or above) or Tutor for Secondary aged pupils
- Sports Coach, Sports Mentor, Football Coach and/or PE Assistant
- Pupil Referral Unit (PRU), Alternative Provisions, Secondary Schools and/or Learning Centres
- Mental Health, social and emotional needs, autism and/or dyslexia
- Youth Clubs, Residential Care Homes for young people and/or Social Care
- Team Teach, MAPA, De-escalation and/or Mental Health wellbeing training
*Due to the role involving close work with vulnerable children a valid child DBS registered on the online update service will be requested along with right to work documentation*