Technical Sales Engineer – Automation & Controls – Vancouver, WA Area
Salary Range: Up to $110k Base yearly
Candidates with Motion and Control experience required
Vancouver (Sales Role is travelling from Seattle to Portland)
Technical Sales Engineer Our engineering solutions company needs the skills and expertise of an experienced Technical Sales Engineer. We are looking to focus efforts in the Pacific Northwest, approximately within a 75-mile radius of Vancouver, WA.
The successful candidate will have industrial experience selling engineering solutions to manufacturing companies looking to solve complex motion control problems. This candidate will be responsible for the cultivation and maintenance of the customer relationship; shaping these relationships into collaborative projects in line with values and goals of (CLIENT). He or she will be equally comfortable working with large enterprises as well as with start-up ventures. We’re looking for a creative but budget-conscious professional who can both take and give direction.
- Will Target Seattle to Portland area as territory
- Calling on companies like Boeing, PCC, etc (AeroSpace, Machine Tools, Glass Manufacturing, Paper mills – currently over 40% of their business, clients, etc). Automated machines to do special task.
- Challenge – they don’t have the catalogue that selling out of. Typically coming on board to help the client solve a problem. Maybe save on efficiencies, safety, etc. Client typically can’t just buy a part etc. somewhere and are looking for help in how to upgrade or improve machines they have….
- Ideal candidate can go out and assess the situation and come back to our engineering groups with an overview of the challenge. But they can bring an engineer in with them to help assess the situation.
- Trying to attract more of their major projects closer to home office as many of their engineers are getting tired of traveling. Much of their business is East of Mississippi currently.
- They provide a car and most of sales calls will be call travel
- Get new business, growing existing clients. New business looking for is in AeroSpace, Automated Machine tools, etc.
- Travel will be about 45% (Company car, cell phone, lap top, credit credit)
- Can work out of corporate office or remote. 75-mile radius from Vancouver, WA preferred but if it’s a bit further out we will send to client too.
- Usually get into client through lower level door – like maintenance supervisor etc. Not looking for someone who has only been selling to C-Suite or only been selling from a catalogue or with power point…
- Must be able to hear the problem, structure it, get with engineering groups, outline solution and then present to client.
· • Bachelor’s Degree is required, Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
· Previous sales experience required
· • 5+ years’ experience in the technology-based industry
· • 3+ years’ experience in a lead sales position
Role: Technical Sales Engineer – Automation & Controls – Vancouver, WA Area
Location: Cedar Mill,
Apply for this job now.