Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
"I enjoy the challenge of matching a patient to the right volunteer in his or her community - somebody who can engage those patients in their life stories, help them reminisce about their achievements, and share in similar skills and interests. Whether it is their ability to speak Russian or Spanish, serving in the military, or playing with therapy dogs, our patients and volunteers form special bonds.”
-Shaun, Volunteer Coordinator
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families facing the end of life. Our Volunteer Coordinators arrange for volunteers to assist our patients and families by providing companionship and support. Volunteer Coordinators are an integral part of the Interdisciplinary Team by helping to make a positive impact during the end of life experience for a family. For many of our team members, this is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as a Hospice Volunteer Coordinator to inspire the countless volunteers who positively impact the experiences of our patients and families.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, training, supervising, and retaining Volunteers to effectively support volunteer operations and to ensure compliance with regulations. As the Volunteer Coordinator, you will ensure the coordination of patient and family needs for volunteer services and will oversee the development of and implementation of the plan of care to meet those needs.
- Promotes the use of volunteers as an intervention to support patient care needs.
- Actively recruits, hires, trains, supervises, and retains volunteers to support the administrative and patient care needs of the program and Compassus.
- Maintains records of all recruitment and retention activities.
- Provides education about volunteer services and role of the volunteer to members of the IDT.
- Prepares reports, in-services, and other documents to demonstrate the value and effectiveness of the volunteer program as requested.
- Delivers high quality training for new volunteers.
- Manages volunteer services through accountable awareness of volunteer utilization, documentation and plan of care involvement.
- Assigns patient care and administrative volunteers, providing oversight for activity and documentation requirements.
- Attends and participates in community events, promoting Compassus as a place to volunteer.
- Develops and performs public service announcements regarding hospice volunteerism.
- Effective teaching, interpersonal and organizational skills along with presentation experience
- Ability to work a potentially flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Experience in Social Services, Human Services, Resource Management or related field is desirable; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.