Cost Accountant Needed
The Cost Accountant is a key member of the accounting team. Maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review and accuracy of financial records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting Department and financial review and analysis.
- Assist with the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Assist with the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable. Provide sales reporting and analysis
- Review expense coding to ensure proper accounting of project work within the maintenance department and assist with cash projections.
- Review and process AMEX Expense reports and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis.
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and financial reporting.
- Assist with manufacturing costing and profitability reporting.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP), rules, regulations and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluate results, prepare documentation; create financial reports and/or presentations.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel). Average to advanced Excel skill, data management functions including vlookup, pivot tables and form development.
- Hands-on detail-oriented tasks.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- At least 2 solid years of accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have a BS degree in Accounting, CPA or CPA desire is a plus
We are a global ingredients supplier, Co-Packer and Manufacturer of food ingredients. We focus on spices, snack foods, essential oils and bakery items. We are a fast growing company and we know that we are not able to meet our yearly objectives without employing good, dedicated, goal oriented and career driven individuals. Join an awesome group of individuals and help make our teams better! We maintain BRC A rated manufacturing facilities which service the top 100 food manufacturers and restaurant chains world wide.
Role: COST ACCOUNTANT / STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Apply for this job now.