Teaching Personnel is looking to appoint a motivational class teacher to join a Primary School in the Newcastle area to work within their KS1 Team. This is a part-time teaching role for 2-3 days each week, the days are negotiable based on the candidate's requirements and preferences.
This would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified teacher who is keen to guide children through their KS1 assessments. Experience in teaching Phonics would be essential as the successful candidate will be expected to lead Phonic assessments with the support of the KS1 Leader.
Experience teaching Year 1 would be advantageous, however not essential. Candidates with EYFS, Y2 and Y3 experience are also welcome to apply for this role.
The school is in Newcastle and is within walking distance to great public transport links and easily commutable from surrounding areas. The role is to begin in November 2020 and will continue to July 2021.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Assessing, monitoring and recording progression
- Creating a safe and engaging learning environment
- Undertaking continuing professional development
- Managing behaviour efficiently
- Providing feedback to parents or carers, where necessary
- Hold an advanced Child Only DBS on the Update Service or be willing to apply for one
- Fully qualified teacher (newly qualified teachers also welcome to apply)
- Experience in Phonics
Benefits of working with the school:
- Excellent school Ofsted rated 'OUTSTANDING'
- Ongoing opportunities to take part in CPD throughout the duration of the role
- Rates varying between £500-£700 (pro rata) paid weekly
If you are interested in work as a Teaching Assistant please contact Emma Ramsay at the Tyne Tees Primary branch on the details below or, register to Teaching Personnel online.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.