Company: BLAZING BAGELS AND BAKERY INC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Our Bakers take pride in saying - "I baked those bagels to perfection!" You are a crucial part of our business. Learn the art and science behind baking bagels and bread!
This is an overnight position that does require weekends. The schedule for this role is as follows: Saturday-Tuesday, 10:00 pm to 8:00 am.
You must be able to lift 30 lbs. and stand on your feet (not hands) for extended periods of time. The position includes pushing large baking racks. You will also be responsible for reading baking counts, so basic reading and math skills are required.
We're looking for someone who can work both independently and on a team efficiently. You must be hygienic, organized, have an eye for detail and also be willing to learn new skills! A great place to start and learn. Want to raise your dough along with our dough? We consistently look to promote from within as we grow and expand.
We are looking for Bakers to help prepare different types of bagels, breads, and pastries. Baker's responsibilities include mixing dough, preparing toppings, forming bagels, and baking bagels. Experience preferred, however, we are more than willing to train the right individuals to join our team. Ultimately, you will make sure we offer fresh and delicious goods to our customers on a daily basis.
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools before use
- Weigh flour and other ingredients to prepare the dough
- Bake different bread types, including bagels.
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
- Mix various ingredients to create toppings for our products.
- Shape dough to prepare bagels.
- Recommend recipes to renew our menu and attract more customers (e.g. gluten-free or vegan desserts)
- Track food supplies and place orders, as needed
- Experience as a Baker, Pastry Chef or similar role
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus
Full Time: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 10:00 pm to 8:00 am.