We are seeking a Warehouse Supervisor for the NIGHT shift (3P - 1130P) with a great client in Commerce, CA. We look forward to speaking with you about this wonderful and exciting opportunity! ******DEGREE is REQUIRED for this role******
Responsible for the supervision of the night warehouse pick and load operation, facility security, and warehouse maintenance.
• Supervises night warehouse staff, assigns job duties and oversees the quality of job performances. Crew consists of Warehousemen, Spotters/loaders, Yardman and a Clerk.
• Nightly operation includes:
a. Supervision of the picking / palletizing of cross dock trailers, chain loads and bobtails routes.
b. Responsible for the proper training of all night personnel.
c. Communicates nightly workload with dispatch.
d. Restocking pick locations on the lines and in the racks.
e. Reworking and/or restocking damaged items, off-conditioning and unsaleable products.
f. The picking and staging of will call and/or pick-up and exchange orders.
g. The processing of employee purchases and their distribution to all employees.
h. The shipping of Point of Sale items and the gathering and the distribution of documents and supplies to the cross dock locations.
i. Supervision of the returning route drivers and the night mechanic after the day supervising team has left.
j. Ensures proper maintenance and repairs of all warehouse equipment, facilities, grounds, and paving.
• Other areas of responsibilities include:
a. Understand and apply parameters of the union contract to the union workforce.
b. Reviewing and maintaining pick locations both in the rack and on the picking lines.
c. Completing the l.l.P.P. compliance sheets bi-monthly and monthly.
d. The enforcement of company policies and procedures.
e. The maintaining of all related nightly paperwork.
f. The security of the warehouse, office and grounds during night operations and at the close of business.
g. The conducting of warehouse meetings dealing with different current topics and periodic safety procedures and policies.
h. Monitors, implements and ensures adherence to safety policies.
i. Receives inventory shipments.
j. Maintains warehouse and grounds cleanliness.
k. Special projects.
l. Cross train in other operational supervisory functions.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Reviews, controls, and monitors night shift activities.
• Develops, coaches and mentors subordinate staff. Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering or Operations Management plus 2 years operations or warehouse experience in a high traffic environment to include supervisory or management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Bilingual Spanish.
Role: WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR - NIGHTS
Apply for this job now.