New Tech Global Staffing is currently seeking a Desktop Support Analyst for one of our clients in the Jane Lew, WV area. THIS IS A CONTRACT POSITION.
The Desktop Support Analyst is responsible for providing technical support on all PC, network and telecommunications systems for our local/field offices.
This position will require technical expertise across multiple skills sets to address and resolve customer issues in an acceptable timeframe. Individuals for this position must have solid knowledge of PC’s, MS OS/Office, PC’s peripherals, networks, servers and telecommunications. We also require the individual to work after hours support and must be able to work alone at times.
· Provide friendly, courteous, and quality support for desktop hardware, software, network, email and other standard desktop applications, and printing issues to all clients.
· Analyze problems reported and provide solutions to issues.
· Responsible for installation, support, and higher level diagnosing/troubleshooting of hardware and software for desktop and laptop computer incident issues.
· Maintain a record of all resolutions in incident ticket tracking software.
· Routinely receives work tasks through the company enterprise ticketing system to install hardware and software on desktop and laptop machines by responding to assigned tickets and requests of medium to high complexity escalated from the Service Desk.
· Provide support to both local and remote clients.
· Install and support satellite antenna systems and computers at remote locations.
· Stays current on operating systems issues to include, OS patches, fixes and upgrades.
· Makes recommendations for desktop hardware and software upgrades.
· Ensures standardization and compatibility of desktop technologies company-wide.
· Create and maintain support documentation for the team.
· Required driving skills to safely tow dish antenna trailer with ¾ ton truck to remote drilling locations. Including maneuvering into narrow locations once on site.
· Ability to lift and carry components and tools necessary in excess of 75lbs.
· Ability to use ladder to install equipment and run cabling.
· Willingness to work outside in the elements when required.
· Provide Network and Infrastructure assistance when needed under supervision of Network or Infrastructure teams.
· Four – Five (4-5) years’ experience in Desktop Support
· High level of technical skills in support of Windows 7 operating systems
· High level of technical skills in troubleshooting OS, network and application issues
· Willingness to work overtime as needed
· Willingness to work after hours on call as needed
· Working knowledge of network architecture, software and hardware
· Working knowledge of infrastructure systems and hardware
· Ability to successfully work with and communicate to business area personnel
· Willingness to work in the field supporting drilling rigs and satellite communications
· Self-driven individual able to work with team in remote locations and report to Manager in remote location
· DOT Certification (in West Virginia only)
Role: Desktop Support Analyst
Apply for this job now.