Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £36,002 - £37,133 per annum, Inc benefits
Management Accountant - Public Sector
Staff Officer | £36,002 - £37,133 per annum | 37 hours per week
Flexi-time scheme | Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme
Reed Finance is partnered with an interesting public sector body in Belfast, in the appointment of a full-time & permanent Management Accountant (Staff Officer).
In fulfilling the role, the postholder will undertake the following activities:
- Preparation and posting of journals
- Completion of management accounts and meeting with budget holders to review actual income and expenditure against budget
- Support the Financial Reporting Manager in the provision of financial information for Board Sub Committee meetings
- Assist in the preparation of the external audit process.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual divisional and corporate budgets
- Support the Head of Finance & Governance
- Support the Financial Reporting Manager in the management of the accounting function to ensure the appropriate financial controls and procedures are in place
- Business Partnering: Develop a close and productive working relationship across all sites and directorates, providing support and guidance to colleagues across the organisation.
- Establish good working relationships and effective communication with the sponsor department
- Leadership and Staff Development: Promote team working, communicate clear objectives and performance targets and implement performance review mechanisms in accordance with procedures.
- Demonstrate an inclusive style of management, which motivates staff, develops commitment, encourages shared ownership of objectives and deliverables, and builds positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Other: Any other duties appropriate to the grade.
- A full job description and information pack is available upon request
- Successfully completed the professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the professional bodies (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CAI, CIPFA or equivalent
- Have a minimum of two years’ practical experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) | Preparation of management accounts | Management accounting and costing systems/financial performance reporting systems |Preparing, and monitoring organisational budgets
- Have a minimum of one years’ experience of supervising and motivating staff to achieve objectives
- Demonstrate a high level of competency using business information tools such as Microsoft Excel or Power BI for data manipulation, analysis, and reporting
Desirable Criteria: Have at least one years’ experience of working for or with a public sector organisation| experience of working for or with a charity | Experience in the preparation of annual accounts for an organisation with a turnover of at least £10m.
For more information on how to apply, please call Laurence Jago at Reed Finance, apply on this page or alternatively you can contact me on LinkedIn.