As a result of our phenomenal growth, MSS Solutions, LLC has an opening for an HR Generalist based in Charlotte, NC. If you are an experienced HR Generalist who is looking to grow your career and contribute fresh and innovative ideas to serve our customers, this is an opportunity you should explore!
A career at MSS is not just a job -- it's collaborating with the best talent in the business. It's having a part in building a better future. It's making a difference in people's lives.
The success of MSS is a direct reflection of the dedication, passion, and hard work of our team. Since 1996, MSS has taken pride in retaining some of the best talents in the industry by promoting a culture of respect, collaboration, and empowerment.
Role and Responsibilities
The essential roles and responsibilities are outlined below:
- Provide HR consultation to the management team to enable organization effectiveness to consistently achieve business results.
- Create and maintain a positive employee relations environment as well as quality working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Build and maintain long-term trusted client relationships with Managers and their teams and partner with them to maintain high employee engagement.
- Analyze situations, investigate, identify root causes and provide effective and proactive resolution. Responsible and accountable for corrective actions for employee relations issues, complaints, and grievances.
- Participate in management meetings to provide support in achieving strategic goals and objectives.
- Manage updates in HR systems, including added/deleted employees, changes in salary, insurance deductions, electronic files, etc.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, and EEO. Guide managers accordingly and work with in-house and outside legal counsel on more complex issues.
- Ensure ADP system optimization and ensure MSS is following best practices.
- Develop HR Dashboard for Senior Leadership reporting.
- Master competency in management of Employee benefits administration and resolve employee benefits and policy issues. Work with current staff to learn MSS-specific processes and workflows and drive continuous improvement in our processes.
- Participate in Vendor negotiation for the Open Enrollment process.
- Generate and reconcile monthly benefit invoices.
- Responsible for presenting benefits information to new hires during orientation.
- Follow up on pending drug screen results of current employees.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment. Guide and train Managers to ensure Company compliance.
- Manage HSA process ensuring compliance and ensuring positive employee experience.
- Put together change of responsibilities letters for current employees.
- Prioritize and process employee items from the HR support site and HR phone line.
- Assist with Open Enrollment, with the goal to manage Open Enrollment for 2021.
- Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
- Maintain employee data in HRIS and electronic filing systems.
- Ensure audit tools are in place to drive towards 100% data accuracy.
- All other projects/duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- The successful candidate must possess a minimum of three years of experience in human resource functions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education/human resources experience
- Strong knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) a plus
- Proficient in MS Word & Excel, E-mail Systems and Internet Explorer
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and follow through on projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate effective time management and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to develop & maintain professional relationships with both employees and management and to professionally and confidently interact with all levels within the organization.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to uphold a high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now a plus
At MSS, we value our employees by providing a supportive culture with competitive compensation and a benefits package that continues to evolve based on the growth of our business and the needs of our employees.
Currently, our benefits include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k with Employer Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long-term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Health Savings Plan
- Wellness Incentives
- MSS Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free environment
- Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled