We are seeking a committed and experienced Supervising Social Worker to join the Family Placement team, Children & Family Community Services on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The salary for this post is £42,206 up to £48,965 but please note salary negotiations are currently underway.
Reporting to the Senior Social Worker, Family Placement Service you will:
- operate as a Supervising Social Worker in the provision of an effective Family Placement Service
- undertake the recruitment, assessment, review, supervision
- support of a range of providers including term time hosts providing hosting arrangements for students who are undertaking their education in Guernsey and supported lodgings mentors who will provide supported accommodation to Care Leavers.
- participate in the development and delivery of the Private Fostering Service and Special Guardianship Service
- support to a small generic caseload of foster carers, kinship carers, short break carers and prospective adopters.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter's Port, the island's capital.
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare; their Social Work service provides an excellent Children and Families Service, supported by Social Workers recruited to a very high standard.
This includes undertaking work with children subject to care requirements in accordance with the Children (Guernsey and Alderney) Law 2008.
The Law has introduced fundamental and significant changes to how concerns relating to children and young people are dealt with and is based broadly on the Children's Hearing System in Scotland.
Qualified Social Worker with current full UK statutory registration
Current or recent Children & Families Social Work experience
Knowledge and understanding of the role of foster carers and adoptive parents and experience in the specialism of Family Placement work.
Be in possession of a clean and current car driving licence; own vehicle required, (mileage expensed at full rate)
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- Temporary initial staff accommodation then a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.