Job Role: Payroll Administrator
Salary: £20k - £24k
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Location: Beaumont Leys
You will be working for a Small to Medium sized business in Beaumont Leys on a full time, permanent basis. This role is solo position reporting directly to the Payroll Manager who will be there as support whenever needed. My client has most recently changed their system to Sage Payroll and therefore ideally need to have experience using that system.
- Processing the group’s monthly payroll with Sage Payroll, circa 400 staff
- Processing starters/leavers and any associated forms (P45/P60)
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies on bespoke time portal system
- Processing staff holidays on to Sage Payroll
- Support to the Financial Controller
- Supporting the Payroll Manager with the day-to-day work of the payroll service
- To process all types of manual payroll calculations
- To have a good knowledge of PAYE/NIC, including K codes and statutory payments e.g. SMP/SAP, SPP and SSP when running client payrolls
- Ensuring that accurate data is collected for payroll input - new starters, leavers, employment changes, pension changes, bank detail changes etc.
- Checking output reports and signing off payroll for payments to be processed
- Update spreadsheets for effective communication to finance
- Answering telephone calls, dealing with enquiries and responding to queries in a timely, courteous and efficient manner and accurately logging information
- Ideal to have experience working within a Finance team previously
- Experience with Sage Payroll
- Able to work solo
- Great attention to detail
- Able to handle large work loads
Applicants who have a legal right to work within the UK will be considered.
If you are wanting to get a new opportunity for 2018, please send an up to date CV to Mavera at or alternatively, please call on.
Role: Payroll Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leicester, East Midlands
Apply for this job now.