The Bloomberg Professional mobile app provides financial professionals with an indispensable tool they can use while away from their desks. Our customers can look at up-to-date market news, explore in-depth market analysis, receive instant notifications on critical market moving events, and stay connected to the Bloomberg community while they are on the move.
The Mobile SDK team builds a full-stack mobile framework that is used by teams across Bloomberg Engineering to add content to the Bloomberg Professional mobile app. We build components on the mobile client side using Kotlin and Swift, and build a microservice backend infrastructure using Python and Java.
Our team is looking for a Software Engineer to join and help us achieve our goals. We work full-stack , everyone in the team works on both the mobile client and backend services.
We will trust you to:
- Be responsible for a diverse technology stack covering iOS and Android and microservices on the backend. The role will expose you to a broad set of languages (Swift, Java, Kotlin, Python) and tools, and you'll be able to continue to push the boundaries by exploring new technologies as well as improving existing ones.
- Collaborate effectively. You will work closely with peers and teams across Bloomberg Engineering.
- Reach out to other engineering teams within Bloomberg to promote our framework and help teams to use it.
You will need to have:
- 3+ years experience with an Object Oriented language, Python or Java preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly
We would love to see:
- Mobile development experience on iOS or Android
- Experience with distributed systems
- A passion for developer advocacy
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about then apply! We will get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://#removed#/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
And do check out our blog, TechAtBloomberg.com/ to learn more.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status