Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a positive relationship with the potential and existing clients projecting JaniTek as a professional, competent, caring company.
- Maintain a well-groomed professional appearance and adhere to the "Do the Right Thing" standards and codes.
- Know all service aspects of each client's account.
- Respond to all clients requests and complaints immediately.
- During start-ups, follow up with each client after first service day, the following week, then bi-weekly, then once monthly or until confidence in level of cleaning is established.
- After start up, inspect each account on a consistent basis and assess our cleaning performance.
- Provide all feedback to the Operations Manager using proper protocol and procedures.
- For all pre-sold floor / window / other add-on work, schedule with client and make certain client is contacted one day prior to service as a reminder and one day after service to assess satisfaction.
- Provide Project Work recommendations and then sale to customer, carpet cleaning, hard floor services, windows, upholstery, pressure washing.
- Provide "Above and Beyond" experiences whenever possible, i.e. touch up cleans during inspections, remembering birthdays, celebrating the customer's successes when known, etc.
- Enter and track potential clients in the Client Relationship Management software each day.
- Develop an annual sales plan with weekly targets for all sales cycle activities, including cold calls, phone calls, letters, sales, and close ratio's.
- When requested sell and schedule add-on work to existing clients.
- Each week canvass assigned territory and schedule time for cold call visits.
- Represent JaniTek at any Tradeshows, BOMA meetings, or Chamber of Commerce events.
Standards of Performance:
The Outside Sales Account Manager will have satisfactorily completed the above responsibilities when:
- Sets inspection schedule prior to the start of each month and updates weekly due to unforeseen events.
- The individual meets the established monthly targets for visits & inspections and add-on project sales.
- Completes all inspections reports and emails results to operations by 10:00am of the following morning.
- Helps to complete all start-ups without incident.
- Completes at least 4 "Above and Beyond" services each week.
- Follows up on all customer requests within hour or mutually agreed upon time frame.
- Meet formerly with Operations Manager at least once weekly to review inspection schedule, completed inspections, pre-sold and add-on project work schedule.
- Cold Calls no less than 5 each week
- Sales Phone Calls no less 5 each week
- Janitorial Proposals/Estimates no less than 4 each month
- Add on sales (project work) no less than 5 estimates per week.
- Meet Dollar Volume Sales budget for new accounts and add-ons each month.
- Tracks all cold calls, phone calls, and sales and reports each week to Owner.
- Keep CRM system updated
- All expenses are reported each week and are within guidelines.
- Follow up on all leads within 24 hours.
- Maintain and review each week prospective files with all information for ongoing marketing program.
General Role Overview: The below is a general summary of the varying responsibilities of the role and the required skill sets.
As an Outside Sales Account Manager you are the main contact between our clients and JaniTek. You may get these clients through assignment, referrals, in-house leads or cold calling. You will propose our services following the JaniTek sales system, close the initial sale, and then service the account.
The Outside Sales Account Manager role has a commission structure to encourage you to develop your base of clients. You will prospect by networking at various business functions, leads groups, or service clubs.
Once the initial sale has occurred, you will continue to service the account by responding to customer requests/complaints. The ongoing sales opportunities are with the project work that is typically not included in the initial janitorial service sale. Carpet Cleaning, VCT Maintenance, Tile Cleaning, Windows, Upholstery, Pressure Washing, and Consumables are all add-on sale opportunities with your client. This should be tracked and goals set for each category and client. Profitability must also be a factor when selling.
Contracts and Paperwork:
Now that the sale has occurred, the paperwork begins. Contracts should be signed by all, checking for accuracy. All pertinent client information must be documented in our CRM, Express Time, and Client file. Our Administrative Team will assist with this process, however you are fully responsible for the accuracy and execution of this process.
Building a solid relationship with a client is imperative. It can save an account when the client goes out to bid or when we make a production mistake. Trust is paramount. Do what you say and follow up! We present ourselves as an extension of their staff representing them to JaniTek. We become their advocate with our production team. Immediate response to concerns, correction of problems, and good follow up are a must! To solidify your relationships you may want to send thank you notes, birthday cards, holiday greetings, and even take them to coffee or lunch. Even though we treat every client as if they are our only client, typically the bigger the client, the more time an effort will go into building the relationship.
Key Skill Sets:
Communication: Good verbal and written communication skills, are critical to develop good relationships.
Presentation: Competence, confidence, communication, professionally dressed, persuasive, and reliable will help you build a quick rapport with existing and prospective clients.
Problem Solving: Calm, rational, empathy, responsiveness, and logic will help you solve problems quickly.
Time Manager: To do lists, calendaring, CRM development are critical to manage your time. Balls dropped mean sales and clients lost!