GovTemps USA is accepting resumes from qualified candidates for an anticipated assignment of up to 40 hours/week as Temporary Finance Director/Treasurer at the City of Charlotte, MI (pop. 9,074). Charlotte is located about 20 miles southwest of Lansing.
Position is expected to start in June for an anticipated three-month term that could become a permanent position. Selected candidate will initially be an employee of GovTemps with services contracted to the City until hired by Charlotte after three months by mutual agreement.
Finance Director/Treasurer Position Responsibilities:
- Plans and directs the financial accounting and treasury functions.
- Since 2018, this position has been a combined clerk-treasurer role.
- The City is reverting back to the titles and duties split between two offices.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum two-years' experience, or similar combination of education and experience, is required.
- Key position responsibilities include overseeing utility billing and cash receipting, plus accounting, treasury, and payroll functions.
- Coordinating financial information for the City Manager and City Council is also necessary including oversight of the budget process.
- Direct supervision is exercised over the Deputy Treasurer and Accounting Clerks.
- Local government administrative experience preferred. Service as a treasurer or finance professional is preferred.
- Knowledge of tax collections and distribution, thorough knowledge of modern bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices and procedures as related to municipal operations; considerable knowledge of general business, supervisory and statistical procedures; and ability to prepare complex financial records and reports is required.
Compensation and Application Process: $44-$48/hour. DOQ. Flexible work schedule. Apply online with resume and cover letter to GovHRjobs.com. Candidates with questions are encouraged to contact Vice President Ryan Cotton at #removed# or #removed#
Posted:June 1, 2021
Powered by JazzHR