EAGLE College Prep is seeking a Teaching Assistant to join the instructional teams at our schools for the 2018-19 school year. Our TA's come from diverse backgrounds and enable us to enrich our schools. Some are recent college graduates, others have their Master’s degrees in teaching or another field, and others are career changers.
Each TA is paired with a Lead Teacher. The teaching pairs consistently plan for and monitor the progress of each of the students in their classes in all content areas. TA's begin by shadowing, and gradually begin taking on teaching responsibilities. They are responsible for teaching and planning lessons for core academic areas on a daily basis. TA's provide input for planning and assessing in all content areas and attend all relevant professional development, grade level team meetings, and Response to Intervention (RTI). TA's and Lead Teachers utilize a variety of co-teaching structures to ensure the academic success for all students in all content areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Considering the needs of each child when planning and modifying lessons.
- Balancing a pre- designed, codified set of content-based standards with students’ individual needs and learning styles.
- Supporting their Lead Teacher in achieving the highest outcomes for students and actively engaging in the planning process.
- Engaging in coaching cycles and implementing research-based strategies that maximize their own performance and that of their students.
- Reflecting on their own progress as educators and seeking out professional resources to continuously improve their practice.
- Providing students with frequent feedback and evaluation based on the development of individualized goals for performance that are specific, measurable, ambitious, rooted in data and time-bound.
- Collaborating with colleagues to leverage the strength of all team members.
- Fulfilling duties as assigned to uphold school culture, such as lunch duty and dismissal.
- Maintaining records of students’ progress.
- Communicating with families regularly and building community with them through annual home visits and other school events.
- Attending IEP meetings and ensuring appropriate accommodations are given to students during assessments as needed.
- Supporting the school as directed by the Principal.
- Demonstrated success working with elementary or pre-school students preferred
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, urban school setting is a plus
- Exceptional organization and planning skills
- Superior communication skills
- An ability to work collaboratively
- A minimum of a High School Diploma and completion of 60 college credit hours is required for this position.
- Prior experience working in a school setting is preferred
- If you are selected for an in-person interview you will be required to produce proof of your highest degree obtained in order to be considered
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
Salary and Benefits: EAGLE School-St. Louis offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience. This is an hourly position.
Open Sky Education is an entrepreneurial not-for-profit organization in tireless pursuit of a full and lasting education for all children. We support and manage a growing network of learning environments, including HOPE Christian Schools, EAGLE College Preparatory Schools, Compass Educational Programs and the Character Formation Project.
All children are created equal, each with great value and unique potential to fulfill Greater Purpose.
An important catalyst for full potential is a full and lasting education.
A strong foundation for a nation of free people is a full and lasting education, accessible and affordable for all.
Role: Teaching Assistant
Location: St Louis,
Apply for this job now.