Mechanical Design Engineer urgently required for exciting opportunity with my client, an industry leading global business who design and manufacture cutting edge technology products for the consumer goods market.
Working in the Gloucestershire team, this is a great opportunity for a design engineer who enjoys working on the full design project life cycle. They are looking for an Engineer/Designer to work in a small design team to create the next generation handheld input devices. You will be working on projects from initial customer requirement to obsolescence.
The candidate must have a blend of mechanical aptitude along with an understanding of ergonomics and aesthetics.
Experience of Plastic injection moulding with Solidworks is essential.
The company is undergoing strong growth and a highly motivated, agile and energetic candidate would be suited to this position.
Senior Design Engineer Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop plastic, metal and injection moulded solutions for current and new R&D projects
- Provide new product concepts and ergonomic design ideas
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively within a team of externally contracted engineers and manufacturing staff based predominantly in the United States.
- The ability to work autonomously within fast-paced environment.
Senior Design Engineer Experience and Skills:
- At least 5 years' experience with Solidworks
- Working knowledge of product design
- Experienced mechanical engineer
- Co-ordination of product life cycle from initial product design to obsolescence
- Extensive knowledge of Design for Manufacture