Staffline are recruiting for Cooking/Batching and High Risk Operatives to work at our client's busy food production site based in Grimsby.
As a Skilled Operative the main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Maintaining an excellent standard of hygiene and housekeeping within your area(s) by working to good manufacturing practices
- Taking responsibility for the Health and Safety of self and of others who may be affected by their actions.
- Adhering to all Company and Site policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Hygiene, Disciplinary, Absence, Housekeeping etc.)
What we're looking for:
- Knowledge of cooking sauces, soups, ingredients handling
- Computer literacy (SAP experience would be advantageous)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use own initiative
- Experience within a recipe management system
- HACCP and COSSH trained
- Excellent attention to detail as you will be inspecting through the fresh and frozen materials for foreign body control
- Machine operating (waldner pot filler, regal pot filler, check weighers and metal detectors
- An in depth knowledge of the manufacturing process and factory equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Any previous food production experience or basic food qualifications would also be an advantage.
The hours of work will be 4 on, 4 off - 2 day shifts followed by 2 night shifts (both 12 hours)
The rate of pay for this position is £7.50 per hour going up to £8.00 per hour after 10pm.
Once trained, pay will increase to £8.06 per hour, going up to £8.56 per hour after 10pm.
Overtime rates apply.
If you feel that you could be a success in this role then please apply now.