Synectics is seeking an Environmental Scientist to support projects across the United States.
The Environmental Scientist's responsibilities include interacting with clients and internal technical staff to aggregate environmental data in support of federal program investigations and long term groundwater monitoring sampling events taking place across the country and the Pacific Rim. Responsibilities may include the following activities, which will be performed under the supervision of a senior data manager:
- Load environmental data into SQL Server databases, such as lithology data, groundwater measurements, and well construction information
- Troubleshoot and document data issues (missing records, orphaned data, etc)
- Coordinate with clients to develop and promote efficient data flows and processes
- Track field events and coordinate with analytical laboratories to ensure complete, compliant data is available to agency decision makers
Opportunities for field work, including sample collection and onsite field coordination support, may become available.
This position will also have a significant component of creating, testing, tracking and maintaining automated Microsoft Reporting Services reports that run on Microsoft SQL Server. Experience with this technology is not required, but the successful candidate will have an interest in databases and a high level of attention to detail.
- B.S. from an accredited university in Environmental Science or related discipline such as geology, chemistry, biology, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Database experience preferred but not required
- Energetic, personable, self‐motivated individual with a desire to advance in a growing organization
Synectics is a small business federal contractor with a requirement that a percentage of our personnel maintain residence in a designated Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone). This is preferably a HUBZone position; to search the Small Business Administration’s HUBZone map by address, please visit #. It is acceptable for a candidate to plan to relocate to a federally designated HUBZone upon hire.
Please ensure that you answer the interview questions for this position; otherwise, the application will NOT be transmitted to the hiring manager. Thank you for your interest in working with Synectics! We look forward to reviewing your application
Synectics is a small business consulting group, specializing in data intensive environmental restoration projects. We architected, built and currently manage the largest web based Environmental Data Management System (EDMS) on the Internet, and have been providing leading edge data management
services since 1996.
Synectics employs environmental professionals, programmers and scientists to support Department of Defense
environmental projects. We use our enterprise level EDMS for acquiring, analyzing and reporting environmental data with demonstrated reductions in cost, schedule and risk. Our systems are also in use by government agencies and private consulting firms across the country.
Role: Environmental Scientist to Support Federal Progams 2018
Apply for this job now.