Residential Counselors are vital to the structure and function of the residential program. Residential Counselors closely watch the children day and night. Ensuring the safety and well-being of both our kids and staff is a top priority.
- Oversee physical care of YFT residents and maintain structure and agency regulations at all times; 24/7.
- Development of acceptable habits, behaviors and attitudes for YFT residents.
- Assist in meeting the goals and objectives of any required service plan.
- Responsible for guidance and supervision of the residents/children to whom assigned.
- Responsible for the coordinated supervision of the residents to include but not limited to continued awareness and ability to give an account of each resident location upon request.
- Completely and accurately document any required forms prior to the ending shift.
- Attend all training mandated by YFT and continuously pursue training opportunities to meet standards set forth.
Preferred Skills, Abilities & Experiences
- Possess the characteristics and experience to collaborate with and provide appropriate care to residents, gain their respect, guide their development, and participate in their overall treatment program.
- Possess the temperament to work with and care for children, and youth; some with special needs in multiple age ranges.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with the treatment team and other internal and external stakeholders, clients and families.
- Ability to maintain a stable environment.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to maintain a valid driver’s license pursuant to YFT insurance guidelines.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to create thorough client notes and effective communication with staff, clients and legal documentation.
- Ability to follow instructions with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; OR actively, continuously pursuing the degree and able to provide evidence of such.
- Six months experience working with children.
- Age 21 or above as per state agency regulations and standards.
- Current CPR/FA card; Handle With Care Training; Medication Management training (all offered by YFT).
- Clean driving record.
- CPS clearance and FBI clearance; with no barrier crimes.
- Flexible schedule.
- Must be bilingual English - Spanish.
The mission of Youth For Tomorrow is to provide children and families with the opportunity to focus their lives and develop the confidence, skills, intellectual ability, spiritual insight and moral integrity - each based on Godly principles, resulting in positive changes to the benefit of the child, the family, the community, and the nation.
DISCOVER EMBRACE EMPOWER
Today, YFT serves boys and girls, individuals and families, and all ages with a continuum of services. Its residential program based in Bristow, VA, continues to be strong and is complimented by programs serving hundreds of clients in local schools, private homes and community settings every day.
Role: Residential Counselor I (UIM)
Apply for this job now.