Company: CONTINUING LIFE LLC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Continuing Life, recently ranked #2 on Fortune Magazine's Aging Services list, and certified as a Great Place to Work for the second year in a row, is seeking an IT Systems Engineer in sunny Carlsbad, California.
The System Engineer is a member of the Continuing Life Infrastructure team and is responsible for designing, monitoring and maintaining servers, services, storage, and applications at local and geographically dispersed sites. Main areas of focus include designing and maintaining a Windows Server 2016/19 environment, monitoring reoccurring jobs, user support, application support, Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 support.
- Design and Maintain virtual and physical servers to ensure optimal performance and uptime.
- Optimize and monitor back up jobs and take corrective action as needed.
- Perform basic scheduled maintenance checks of all in-house systems.
- Act as an escalation point for tickets submitted to centralized ticketing system and services based upon SLAs.
- Manage Active Directory, Group Policies, Users and Computers.
- Train users and staff to ensure efficiency in daily operations and that best practices are being followed.
- Provide design guidance to Network Engineering Team in maintaining enterprise networks and connectivity. Monitor wired and wireless network performance and resolve issues.
- Proactively monitor and address potential security issues. Educate the user community on best practices for IT security.
- Partner with other teams on deliverables that involve IT infrastructure.
- As needed, troubleshoot technical issues reported by community residents. Work to quickly resolve the issues, escalate to the appropriate in-house team, or suggest 3rd party support.
- Maintain enterprise network inventory and audit for accuracy.
- As needed, assist users, residents, staff, and peers at remote sites with technical challenges.
- Implement and Support Virtual and Hyperconverged Infrastructures.
- Other duties, assigned tasks and projects as assigned.
- Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
- Experience converting from Microsoft Exchange to Office 365.
- Experience with Hyperconverged Infrastructures.
- Advanced understanding of networks, PCs and hardware configuration required
- 5-7 years of experience operating in a senior desktop support capacity with Active Directory administration.
- 5-6 years of Windows Server 2016/2019 OS design and support.
- Advanced knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with enterprise switch configuration and administration.
- Customer service mentality, with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Team player and problem solver.
Continuing Life provides advisory and business services for retirement communities. We specialize in Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) - the best, most comprehensive retirement option available to people today. Our services range from pre-marketing a start-up community to assisting with the extensive services required to manage a stabilized community - accounting, finance, human resources and operations support. Continuing Life provides a one-stop solution that also includes specialized, experienced personnel and IT systems to provide a total solution for operating a full-scale retirement community.
Continuing Life offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match per pay period.