***Salary starts at $60,000 per year, but is negotiable based upon experience***
Reports directly to: Production Engineer
The Automation Technician is responsible for the advancement of ADMO through increased technological improvements, project management, and maintenance objectives.
What you really need to know:
ADMO is a growing company that is looking to expand capacity through automation. We are currently investing in upgrading machines and auxiliary equipment. We have an influx of new customers who are requiring more efficiency through automation. Our ideal candidate for this position has plastic injection molding experience, is comfortable with programming and robotics, has the ability to see a problem and find a creative solution, and is willing to get his or her hands dirty. If this sounds like something that might interest you, we'd love to have you in for a chat!
Now...for the specific details...
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Automation and Continuous Improvement Responsibilities:
1. Assist with the management of product implementation process from acceptance of customer design and tooling to deliverable samples
2. Communicate with clients regarding design revisions and other manufacturing issues
3. Increase ADMO's technological advantage through the understanding and usage of current machines and robotics while researching best options for new equipment acquisition
4. Initiate automation improvements to increase efficiency and decrease bottom line expenses
5. Work with maintenance, tooling, and production personnel to accomplish automation improvement goals
6. Responsible for calibration, configuration, and setup of robotic systems
7. Fabricate repair parts as needed utilizing shop equipment
8. Manage projects at the direction of the Production Engineer
9. Troubleshoot tooling issues and work with customers to resolve
10. Other responsibilities as directed by the Production Engineer
Maintenance Department Responsibilities:
11. Verify on all equipment that safety devices are in place and working in compliance with the OSHA standards.
12. Maintain clean, safe areas where maintenance work is being completed
13. Assist with all Preventative Maintenance paperwork and documentation to assure all forms are completed accurately and within the time required to meet ADMO requirements.
14. Assist Maintenance Manager in maintaining adequate inventory level of parts and components needed to keep machines and secondary equipment running consistently and with minimal downtime.
15. Provide maintenance on tools (molds) that require specific hydraulic or electric set up prior to being set up in machines.
16. Work with Production Engineer to assure all outside contractors, have all paper work completed properly and by dates required.
17. Perform all maintenance projects as required or assigned.
Educational Requirements and Years of Experience:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferred and 5 + years of experience.
10+ years in similar role in lieu of degree
2. Knowledge and experience working with integrated operating systems (ERP) and utilizing data to company's benefit
3. 5+ years in engineering role with proven success in cost reduction through improved efficiencies
4. Working knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems
5. Working knowledge of PLC electrical systems
6. Ability to read electrical and pneumatic diagrams
7. Ability to read prints and drawings and understand part tolerances
8. Experience in troubleshooting robots and automation design
9. Knowledge and experience working with quality system requirements such as ISO and QS 9000
10. Experience with plastics injection molding and tooling preferred
11. Knowledge of Quality Control and new product development and documentation
12. Lean and Six Sigma knowledge a plus
13. Excellent organizational, leadership, management, oral and written skills.
Administrative, Technological and Behavioral Skills:
1. Computer Literate - Understanding of the operation of a Personal Computer and peripheral equipment. Experience with Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access) or equivalent. Integrated Operation System (ERP) and design software savvy
2. Planning and Organizations Skills - Ability to establish priorities, delegate activities to staff and proceed with daily objectives with some direction from upper management. Good attention to detail. Ability to multi-task by handling /delegating several projects at the same time.
3. Good communication skills - Able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to adjust communication to the applicable audience (able to communicate to all levels of the organization).
4. Good customer service skills - Sense of urgency; ability to react appropriately to customer demands. Ability to listen to and understand customer requirements and timely communicate these to relevant parties. Expediently follow-up with issues brought-up internally and externally that could affect a customer.
5. Can do attitude - Pleasant demeanor when interacting with individuals outside/inside the company, even on heated situations.
6. Confidentiality - Ability to handle customer/company sensitive information with discretion. Access to employee records, customer contracts and possibly proprietary information.
7. Sound decision-making skills -Keep upper management abreast of customer/manufacturing requirements and concerns. Ability to serve as catalyst of daily decisions governed by company controls/policies. Understanding of the “Big Picture”, and how decisions made will have a company-wide impact.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge - Attends workshops, seminars, reads trade publications to stay up-to-date with technology and industry trends.
9. Ability to handle moderate-to-high stress due to the pressure of production deadlines. Must be able to handle high mental effort.
10. Ability to lift/push up to 35lbs, occasionally. Must be able to work sitting down in a desk for 6-8 hours a day. Able to work in front of a computer 6-8 hours a day.
11. Ability to work overtime and travel.
12. Follow all rules and principles of OSHA; Participate in OSHA compliance and training as required.
13. Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
14. Must speak English. Bilingual Spanish preferred.
ADMO, Inc. is a state-of-the-art manufacturer of plastic injection-molded parts and assemblies. We produce top-quality plastic parts from both commodity and engineering grade materials for many diverse industries, including emergency products and electronics, closures, hardware, medical, automotive and more.
ADMO offers the following benefits to employees:
- Paid Time Off for Holidays and Vacation
- Available Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance (ADMO pays a significant portion of employee's health insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
**Please note: for this position, compensation is negotiable based upon experience.
Role: Automation Technician - Plastic Injection Molding
Apply for this job now.