Vacancy for IT Developer
Our client is one of the UK's leading full-service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. They provide practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial business, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
As a Junior Applications Developer, you will be part of a team who are responsible for the ongoing support and development of the firm's various SaaS applications and Legacy legal applications. You will be in the unique position to witness the impact of your work on a daily basis within the immediate environment.
Working within an Agile environment, you will be responsible for developing custom processes and plugins for a customised Dynamics CRM solution that integrates with 3rd party applications.
The role will also encompass some consultant responsibilities, and the successful candidate will also take part in requirements gathering sessions with key stakeholders and will be an important part of the architectural process.
You will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively on a variety of projects and problems however he successful candidate will be part of a great team, with the ongoing support and development.
Skills & Experience
Candidates must understand and comply with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
The successful candidate will ideally have the following:-
- At least 2 years commercial experience working in Development
- Working knowledge of the .NET Framework, C# and Visual Studio
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with professional staff in all areas of the business
- Good analytical/problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Flexibility and good planning/organisational skills
- Familiarity with using Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience of working to agile/scrum practices
- Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience with MS SQL Server, T-SQL and Reporting Services
- Working with business users to identify and document user requirements
- Development and support of our various SaaS applications and Legacy legal applications
- Identifying, Scoping, Architecting and developing solutions to bring efficiencies to the firm
Our Culture and Environment
My client prides themselves on commitment and care for their staff, clients and communities and this commitment is written into their Principles.
They work as one team and believe in supporting their colleagues to strengthen the firm. They act honestly and openly in all that they do. They care for our communities and encourage all their people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. They also offer opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm.
They strive to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. They will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Just some of the perks:
- 26 days annual holiday
- Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
- A discretionary bonus scheme
- Professional subscriptions
- BUPA medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- 4 x life cover
- Free parking (Southampton)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Childcare vouchers
Role: Applications Developer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Southampton, Hampshire,
Apply for this job now.