Infection Control Nurse, Hammersmith & Fulham Council.
Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Hammersmith & Fulham Council to hire an Infection Control Nurse on a long term temporary contract basis.
- To provide expert, authoritative and specialist advice on infection control for social care (children's and adults) and housing.
- To work directly with care homes, extra care and mental health and learning disability settings, as well as homecare on infection control practice.
- To lead effective strategic introduction of change of practice where necessary
- To support infection control risk assessments and provide expert advice where needed.
- Provide training and audit, including safe wearing of PPE, knowledge of infection control and outbreak control.
- Ensure safe discharge for patients moving between inpatient settings and the community in terms of public health
- Work at a senior level across the council, Public Health England and NHS to deliver expert health promotion and education in order to improve vaccine coverage for care staff (e.g. seasonal flu and Hepatitis B), children (childhood immunisations), and care clients (e.g. flu);
- Work with the council, Public Health England and NHS to prevent and manage outbreaks (all infectious diseases);
- Deputise for the DPH in providing expert health protection advice to adult social care, children's social care and housing (working with PHE).
- Track record of clinical advice in the field of infection control / health protection.
- Experience of dealing with conflict and working with colleagues to agree remedial action as required.
- Track record of success in delivering change around infection control or patient safety
- Experience of IPC in both acute and community settings
- Outcomes focused and solution-oriented when dealing with complex clients or situations
- Describe where they have provided IPC or health protection or frailty guidance in ambiguous situations, demonstrated resilience, readily adapted to change and exhibited personal growth
- NMC pin up to date and annual revalidations in progress
- Minimum of first degree, and post registration courses (CPD) relevant to clinical specialty.
- Possession of or working towards a degree in a subject relevant to the role or equivalent demonstrable experience.
If this is a role that you are qualified for and wish to apply please send your CV below and contact Thomas Humphreys at Spencer Clarke Group as soon as possible.