Set up in 2011, Synoptix is rapidly becoming recognised as one of the UK's most capable suppliers of systems engineering expertise and know-how. We have built up an enviable customer base in aerospace and defence and are now seeking to extend our presence and influence in the rail, transportation and public utility sectors - all of which are showing a growing appetite for the type of rigorous system engineering we advocate.
We contribute to some of the foremost engineering projects in the UK, typically supporting large and complex engineering programmes through the application of systems engineering principles. Our customers benefit from lean delivery of agile projects, utilising best practice developed across a range of industries although currently the majority of our projects are in the private and public defence sector.
We are looking for a Quality Manager with understanding of Systems Engineering to work with us on a contract basis, you will be deployed onto one of our upcoming customer projects in the defence industry.
The following skills and experiences would be ideal but are not essential:
- Leadership of customer quality, quality systems management within a range of approvals, product build, inspection and test quality management, assessment of suppliers including developing and delivering quality & delivery improvement plans, and management of internal and customer complaint processes at a sector level.
- Extensive audit experience, lead for internal businesses ISO9001 compliance strategy, ISO9000 Lead Auditor trained,
- Significant experience in the direct use of improvement tools
- Lean practitioner with toolkit focussed on waste reduction, Kaizen improvement approach, value stream & process mapping, 5S, visual management, SMED, Kanban / flow techniques, cell design including standardised work, TAKT and line balance
- Experience in successfully delivering the quality requirements for a number of significant projects
- Experience of managing quality throughout the value stream
- Significant experience and coach of problem solving and improvement tools, quality management tools, SPC, measurement systems analysis, FMEA, AQP, risk facilitator trained
At Synoptix we find ourselves in an exciting period of growth, so this becomes a great opportunity to be part of that journey, we are a close-knit community focussed on delivering the highest quality of systems engineering expertise to our customers across the UK.
Please note that due to the nature of our projects we can only accept UK National candidates who will need to be eligible to obtain UK Security Clearance.
By applying to this position, you are confirming that you consent to the retention of your personal data. Your data is held securely on our own premises and under the terms of the Data Protection Act (2018). It will be treated as confidential, and will not be transferred to any third party, or to any other jurisdiction without your consent. We will not hold any data for any longer than is necessary for us to fulfil our obligations and will remove any data at your written request.