Are you an experienced payroll officer with 5+ years' experience?
Do you want to be part of a positive and motivated team in a company with over 100 years of heritage?
CSG Talent is working with a family-owned business based in Kettering as they look to add a payroll officer to the team. The role reports directly to the FD and takes responsibility for the full payroll function. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established business with a great working culture and friendly working environment. Due to the size of the business there is a remarkable 'all-in-it-together' culture and family feel to the business.
The key responsibilities of the role:
- End to end processing of the company's weekly payroll.
- Maintaining payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Computing employee pay based on time records and piece work rates, benefits, and taxes
- Answering staff questions about wages, deductions, attendance, and time records
- Adhering to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law
- Identifying, investigating, and resolving discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
- Maintaining confidentiality of employees' pay records
- Completing payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review
- Determining tax obligations by calculating PAYE as National Insurance contributions
- Performing the distribution of wages through issuance of e-payslips and BACS transfers to employees' bank accounts
- Assisting in other accounting jobs
Qualifications, experience and abilities:
We are looking for someone with excellent analytical skills, problem solving abilities and an ability to work to tight deadlines. This role requires someone with an experience of weekly payroll and piece work, and an excellent attention to detail is also required.
In return, this role offers a competitive salary package and pension in a friendly working environment. If you are looking for a new opportunity and you have 5+ years' experience in payroll, please apply to be considered.