We are engaged to identify a Director of Manufacturing with an international market leader. The position is based in Atlanta, full executive relocation package.
Develop the strategic direction and implement tactical plans for manufacturing operations to reach a level of performance identifiable with World Class organizations and lead all areas of manufacturing and manufacturing support in its execution so that products are produced in line with organizational expectations for safety, quality, customer satisfaction, and cost objectives.
1. Lead the development of manufacturing strategy and its deployment in the areas of health/safety/environmental, lean manufacturing, plant engineering, quality, cost management/reduction, production planning, inventory control, on-time and in-full delivery, customer satisfaction, employee engagement and relations, visual controls, and plant performance measures. (20%)
2. Lead the creation and sustainment of a culture of manufacturing employee engagement and process ownership so to enable high levels of participation, morale and results attainment. (25%)
3. Interface with Product Development and Sales/Marketing leadership to coordinate the production process for the introduction of new products. (5%)
4. Direct and monitor all plant production and direct support department managers and their department performance to accomplish manufacturing goals, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. (20%)
5. Hire, train, coach/develop and evaluate production staff. Manage performance process in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate to ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. (10%)
6. Ensure that manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all company growth plans and customer requirements. Initiate and accomplish all supporting major projects, (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.). (15%)
Develop and manage budgeting process and budget execution with a focus on product costs and margins.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
· Leadership: A demonstrated ability to lead people and to enable, empower and achieve results through others.
· Planning: Ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-6 month time span.
· Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent project and program management skills.
· Minimum 10 years progressive, plant operations experience in high precision, high-tech manufacturing environments.
· Experience with manufacturing glass, ceramics and/or advanced composite material products.
· Manufacturing philosophies: Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen events, Kanban, 5S, and Employee Engagement.
International World Market Leader
Role: Director of Manufacturing
Location: St Louis,
Apply for this job now.