MACHINE SHOP PROGRAMMER
Seeking an experienced CNC programmer with an in-depth experience with Mastercam programming software. Job Shop environment experience necessary that focuses on unique machining of non-repeatable tasks up to limited smaller production runs. Primary requirement for programming for large, medium, and small size, three and four axis mills. Experience with programming smaller Lathes with live tooling capability, and Wire EDM required. This is an advanced position that will generally require 10 years or more experience or the ability to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the areas of requirements listed below.
- Must have the ability to develop 3-D models using modeling software such as SolidWorks.
- Candidate must have a solid background in machining to understand proper set-up techniques, fixturing, tooling and appropriate feeds and speeds to maximize efficiency.
- Sound knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is required to apply to machining approach and program development.
- Ability to accurately construct complex 3-D models from sketches and hard copy part drawings/files for components to be machined. These models will be the basis for programming production Mills, Lathes and Wire EDM machinery.
- Ability to produce accurate programs that have efficient approach to fixturing, tooling, set-up and machining to maintain drawing requirements while maximizing efficiency of material removal rates through optimal spindle speed and feed rates.
- The candidate must be able to prepare documentation packages for machine programs that include set-up sheets detailing fixturing, tooling sheets and other specialized instructions necessary to successfully execute the machine operations.
- Ability to communicate with software support services to customize the Mastercam software as well as communicate and resolve issues with post processors for individual equipment.
- Experience with machining weldments and castings that require understanding of "Best Fit" for irregular surfaces. This will require understanding of necessary datums and material allowance that is on unmachined parts. Ability to understand and manipulate existing geometry to allow adequate machining to drawing requirements is required.
- The candidate is required to have an extensive machining background to understand approaches toward programming. This experience should also extend to the understanding of current tooling technology for machining various materials.
Take the next step in your career. APPLY NOW!
"For additional information on this opportunity, or other positions of interest, contact Scott DeWitte with gpac Recruiting in Sioux Falls."
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.