Software Development Engineer
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Mecmesin are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic degree qualified, or equivalent, Software Engineer with a genuine passion for designing, developing and delivering quality software for real time systems.
The ideal Software Development Engineer will have a flair in designing user interface based software development with emphasis on user experience design.
The post holder will be required to work alongside our Lead Software Engineer testing high level software for use in a range of computer controlled systems. They will also be required to support other Engineers working on embedded software projects.
It would be beneficial for the candidate to have 2-5 years’ experience of programming using C#, WPF, XAML, MVVM and .NET using Visual Studio.
It is essential that applicants;
- Are able to use version control systems (either Subversion or Git)
- Have an understanding/appreciation of configuration management.
- The Software Development Engineer will have an understanding of the whole software development life cycle.
- Have experience of other technologies such as Android/Linux/iOS software development and database management systems (SQLite) would be beneficial as we’re constantly looking for new innovations.
- Experience of Threading and Asynchronous programming.
- The Software Development Engineer will have experience of Memory and Resource Management.
- Experience of UI and UX design.
This is a good opportunity for someone to join a growing company where they can make a difference and have a career.
Mecmesin Ltd is a growing manufacturing success story, building a reputation over the last 40 years as a provider of quality British metrology products. We are committed to developing all software and hardware in-house and we are currently undergoing an ongoing phase of development, which requires a strengthening of our Engineering team.
Mecmesin is a family friendly company who genuinely care about each member of staff and their needs, as an employee of Mecmesin, some of your staff benefits include;
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Flexi Time
We also have a calendar packed with social activities and gatherings.
These include a Summer BBQ, Christmas Parties, bowling, quiz nights and even race evenings.
We organise 2 fundraising events each year to support charities voted for by our employees, and not forgetting the fresh fruit, photograph competitions and cycle rides we organise to encourage staff to get out and about and stay healthy!!
Role: Software Development Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Horsham, West Sussex, South East
Apply for this job now.