A Head teacher of a GOOD Graded School in Dewsbury (WF13) area is looking for an experienced confident 1:2:1 SEN Support Assistant to work with a child in Year 6 who has Autism. This full time position is due to start as soon as soon as possible, with genuine scope for a permanent contract thereafter.
This 1:2:1 SEN Support role will involve working alongside a Year 6 child in school with severe Autism. Although this child is in Year 6 they are currently working at a Year 1 level and due to the nature of their needs require 1:2:1 support at all times in school. The child has a routine in school and has a timetable to allow them out of class during the day and into the sensory environment. It would be the 1:2:1 support assistants job to support this child throughout the school day and work with them both in and out of the classroom.
What is required for this role?
- Level 2 / 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification or, an Educational based degree
- Previous SEN experience working with Autistic children
- Must be caring, supportive and dependable
- Be able to support pupils on a 1:2:1 basis
- Valid DBS is desirable
- Have at least two education-based references from your most recent employer(s) which are GOOD or OUTSTANDING.
The Head Teacher is looking to interview as soon as possible and is happy for the role to start as soon as the right candidate is selected. This role will be full time from 8:30am - 3:30pm and will be until July 2021.
To hear more about this position please contact Charley Alexander at the Leeds Wakefield Primary branch on the contact details below or, register to Teaching Personnel online.