Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Organization: The San Luis Valley behavioral Health Group
Location: Alamosa CO. 81101
National Health Service Corps (Loan Repayment Program Eligible) - #
The SLV Behavioral Health Group is seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority authorized by the Colorado Boards of Licensing (particularly in psychopharmacology). The NP will provide direct psychiatric assessment, medication management and triage services to a broad range of people of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Education: Master’s degree in nursing
- Experience: Two or more years post-licensure experience in a mental health setting.
- Licensure/Certificate/Registration: Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado, license in good standing. Prescriptive authority authorized through Colorado Board of Nursing, particularly for psychopharmacology. Training certification for basic first aid and CPR. Suboxone Waiver.
- Patient assessment, medication evaluation and medication management visits for clients, including prescribing, distributing, and administering medications under the direction of the Medical Director and in keeping with professional ethical and practice standards.
- Assures appropriate care through collaboration with providers, clinical staffing, referral and case management for clients’ physical health or other needs, patient education, developing and managing crisis plans, and outreach to clients.
- Works cooperatively with the agency’s psychiatrists to assure optimal client care and continuity of care for clients.
- Oversees department procedures, including scheduling, medication inventory/control systems, medication administration, infection control, supplies, and disposal of medical waste.
- Coordinates efforts to assist clients to receive medication with local pharmacies, primary care providers, insurance companies, patient assistant programs and other sources. Completes pre-authorizations and required documentation as needed.
- Completes all required documentation, performance standards, and records appropriate to care management and as required by center administration.
- May require emergency consultation with MHC staff or other physicians during off hours.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS:
- Low deductible health insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long term & short term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K – match up to 4%
- Paid sick and personal days – 1 sick day and 1 personal day earned each month (increases after 2nd year to 1.5 personal days/ month)
- 11 Paid holidays – (New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve)
- Gym membership discounts
- other corporate discounts
- National Health Service Corps (Loan Repayment Program Eligible) - #
Location: Alamosa, Colorado - learn more at #removed#/aboutSLV.php
During our organization’s 40+ year history we have built our system to ensure the survival and vitality of behavioral health services in the San Luis Valley. We continue to develop new programs and services to increase clinical quality and improve service and efficiency that make a difference in thousands of lives every year.
We have worked relentlessly to create a state and regional network with other behavioral health organizations, medical facilities, and community agencies in the San Luis Valley and throughout the state of Colorado to build comprehensive programming and partnerships so we can provide an integrated health service for our clients and community agencies.
We know that the next few years has many changes in the field of healthcare. We also know that, by seeking Excellence in everything we do, we can achieve our goals of more accessible and quality care for the citizens of the San Luis Valley.
Learn more @ slvbhg.com/about
To learn about our beautiful valley and home please visit slvbhg.com/aboutSLV.php
Role: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Apply for this job now.