Reports to: Director of Estimating
Under the general supervision of the Director of Estimating for small to medium projects, and in accordance with established standards, is primarily responsible for preparing USA Millwork project bids and proposals based on estimated materials costs, labor costs and project specifications, as well, assisting Estimators and Senior Estimators with large projects under their direction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review architectural plans, specifications and scope sheets
- Highlight scope of work using Bluebeam tools with correct color schemes, add quantity legend of scope
- Add all material specifications into BSA bid sheet
- Confirm there is a schedule from customer
- Prepare drawings to be sent out for Request for Quote (RFQ)
- Follow up on RFQ's
- Add all item descriptions, rm. numbers and detail references to BSA
- Price basic casework and small projects under direction of estimator
- Create and send RFI's to customers
- Prepare and send detailed project proposals on small to medium size projects with low complexity, including detailed description on all work to be performed and excluded work, within pre-established and committed time frames, based on materials and labor costs
- Communicates (via phone/email) with vendors, customer / contractor as necessary to ensure accurate estimates
- Enter Data as required in Database
- Partners with team members in team cell to ensure quality outcomes
- Assist estimators on large bids under their direction
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing or activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Preferred Education and Skills (in addition to the required):
- Related degree required or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read architectural drawings, specs and scope sheets required
- Experience and exposure in a woodworking environment is a plus (Millwork preferred)
- Must have great accuracy and attention to detail
- Learning Agility; the ability to learn and apply new knowledge quickly
- Proficient with Bluebeam and Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Working knowledge and understanding of estimating cabinet projects and millwork as well as products such as ornamental metal, stainless steel, wood, glass, stone, and solid surfaces (i.e. Corian)
USA Millwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Veterans, Females, Minorities, and Disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR