San Jose Behavioral Health is currently seeking a Housekeeper to assist with the daily facilities duties at our new 80-bed Acute Psychiatric Hospital located in beautiful South San Jose.
- Clean and sanitize all areas of the facility on a daily basis in a safe and secure manner in accordance with department standards and procedures.
- Clean and prepare patient rooms post-discharge in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean, organized and stocked housekeeping cart. Restock cart with supplies needed for next shift.
- Keep all housekeeping equipment in clean and in good operating condition. Report equipment problems.
- Set up meeting rooms for special functions by placing tables and chairs as requested.
- Perform glass window and door washing inside and out.
- Conduct deep cleaning as requested.
- Consult with unit and department management in advance of performing any tasks that could disrupt the provision of service to patients.
- Follow department procedures and take appropriate precautions to maintain employee and patient safety during work activities.
- Interact with patients, family members, external entities and internal staff professionally and respectfully.
- Ability to effectively listen, process received information, and express ideas both orally and in writing.
- Ability to initiate action, take personal responsibility, suggest improvements, and solve problems within scope of job without being asked.
- Ability to understand and comply with government, regulatory, and hospital rules.
- Ability to record, report, and maintain confidentiality of information and respond to requests for information.
- Ability to get assigned work done in an acceptable manner, in the time allotted, with minimal prompting or reminders..
- Ability to converse with others to give, take and process information.
- Ability to hear fire alarms, verbal pages over the intercom system and communicate via walkie-talkie
San Jose Behavioral Health is an 80-bed inpatient hospital that provides comprehensive treatment services for adults and adolescents who have been struggling with a variety of behavioral issues and mental health disorders.
Our hospital is conveniently located in the heart of San Jose, and is easily accessible to residents in Santa Clara County, San Mateo County, San Benito, and Alameda County. Our location amid gently rolling hills promotes quiet reflection by providing patients with the opportunity to enjoy serene views of our beautiful natural surroundings.
Treatment at San Jose Behavioral Health is an intensely personalized experience. Patients follow individualized treatment plans that have been specially designed with their specific strengths, needs, and treatment goals in mind. Treatment includes medication management, individual therapy, group therapy, experiential therapy, family therapy and meetings, and comprehensive discharge/aftercare planning.
Location: San Jose,
Apply for this job now.