Position: Safety Advisor
Duration: 12 Months +
Type: Contract (INSIDE IR35)
First Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Nuclear Safety Advisor to be based on site in Cumbria area.
- To advise and support the project team on their specific HSE duties, and provide guidance, monitoring and reporting on compliance with these responsibilities.
- Ensuring with Project Site Management and Supervision that all operations and activities are effectively planned and undertaken in compliance with Site and Project HSE requirements.
- To provide the Project Team with competent advice on current HSE legislation applicable to the activities, any hazards present relevant to the scope of works.
- To work effectively with the Project Team in establishing and implementing effective Risk Assessment and HSE planning.
- Assist project team in undertaking project related risk assessments and preparation of safe systems of work in line with project specifics procedures and arrangements.
- To contribute towards building a positive team spirit on all HSE matters on the Project.
- Effective active monitoring, recording and reporting of our own and subcontractor HSE performance and workplace conditions.
- To actively challenge and report any unsafe actions and unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents, incidents and near miss events in accordance with project standards to identify and share lessons learned.
- To ensure effective HSE inductions and relevant HSE training is undertaken and records maintained in a retrievable manner.
- To ensure near miss and improvement observation reporting is carried out and maintained.
- To ensure all enquiries from the Project Team and HSE function are dealt with accurately and promptly.
- Deliver suitable safety training programmes for all project personnel (including routine project inductions, toolbox talks and topic specific presentations).
- Liaise with HSE colleagues within the project (inc. Partners / Client) and attend regular co-ordination meetings.
- Participate in the regular reviews and updates of the Project HSE Management System.
- To develop strong links with our customer in promoting best practice and continual improvement.
- Maintain a visual presence on site and assist with coaching and mentoring of project personnel to ensure continuous improvements are made.