One of our clients in El Segundo, Los Angeles is looking for a Project Manager with the following skills and experience:
NOTE: Candidate needs to be a strong PM who has worked within the Financial World, Brokerage Services, Wealth Management, and Advisory trading industry experience and fully understand the lingo. This person must have strong Regulatory BI experience and must have worked in a Highly Regulated Environment.
What you will do:
- You will organize and motivate project teams for each project composed of representatives from each area affected by the project.
- You will work with managers in Business, IT Development, Quality Assurance, and other departments as necessary to establish and build off milestone dates
- You will determine the tasks associated with each project, assign internal and/or external resources to complete the necessary tasks, and provide estimates of project costs.
- Manage project initiation, requirements analysis, planning, construction and transition.
- Create and manage project plans from scratch in MS Project
- Develop and update project plans by listing tasks, resources, and target dates.
- Run weekly core team and other project meetings, prepare agendas and minutes, complete weekly project status reports, and run bi-weekly Steering Team meetings, and create PowerPoint presentations.
- Actively manage and communicate risks with mitigations and issues with actions steps
- Detailed understanding and management of the project financials using processes and templates: Budget, Forecast, Actual Spend, Approved Spend etc.
- Work with an Executive Sponsor (one of our firm Executives, Presidents or C Suite) and Business Owner.
- May manage employees within the function including goal-setting, performance planning, feedback, appraisals and development training.
- You will complete other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years' experience as a project manager, leading projects through the full life cycle
- 2+ years' experience managing or playing a major role in corporate projects (including systems projects) preferred
- 5+ years business experience required, experience in broker-dealer or investment firm strongly preferred
- Experience building and managing project forecasts and budgets
- Experience working on and managing multiple projects at a time of varying size (team members and budget)
- Project resource plan knowledge required (i.e. figure out what resources are needed to get the job done and then work
- with the appropriate managers to secure the resources)
- Strong leadership skills; manage projects while driving the organization towards a successful implementation or launch
Really catch our eye with:
- Experience interacting with members of management other than direct manager
- Experience working on strategic or integration projects across multiple firms/business units including working with virtual teams in multiple locations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated personality to work independently and in a team
- Your demonstrated success working independently and managing teams efficiently to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Our top performers share the following traits:
- Superior decision-making and creative problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work and make decisions in a growing, rapidly changing environment
- Team player with a high degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Change agent; willing and unafraid to instigate action to drive business results
Interested candidates may submit their resumes online or call at 310-906-4780 for further information regarding the position.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting #removed#.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future
- provided by Dice