Black Market Brewing Co. is seeking a Brewpub Manager with strong restaurant and brewery experience to join our team! This position will work alongside ownership to launch our newest brewpub located in the SDSU area of San Diego. The position will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Develops and maintains a friendly and fun environment.
- Resolves guest concerns or issues.
- Communicates daily with customers about current and upcoming special and events.
- Researches and makes recommendations to ownership on methods for improving guest relations.
- Implements social media posts brewpub activity and specials.
- Ensures facility is clean and efficient service is provided to customers.
- Implements a proper training program for all front of the house staff.
- Manages the performance of all front of the house staff.
- Create ways to increase employee morale.
- Work alongside Kitchen Manager to ensure optimal food service.
- Creates staff schedule.
- Creates job postings, conducts interviews and hires front of the house staff.
- Maintain and verify opening and closing requirements are being followed.
- Maintain and verify Black Market employee handbook requirements are being followed.
- Take ownership of the facility and work with ownership on any broken or damaged items need that need repair.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly walkthroughs of critical facility elements.
- Have strong understanding of Aloha POS system both front of house and back.
- Run nightly, weekly and monthly sales reports and review with ownership as needed.
- Builds sales to maximize bottom line results.
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- Ability to work within a provided budget.
- Take deposits to bank and maintain cash drawers.
- Ensure all comps and discounts are being followed per company policy.
- Keep strong financial records.
- Keep payroll in line with sales as determined by ownership.
- 3 years experience with restaurant management preferred. Brewery experience a plus.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent. BA in Hospitality/Restaurant Management preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Aloha POS systems.
- Must be able to work in a high-volume, fast-paced setting.
- Must have a strong presence for verifying proper drinking age identification.
- Requires strong and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous kitchen experience preferred.
Role: Brewpub Manager
Location: San Diego,
Apply for this job now.