GTB, Sea Containers, 18 Upper Ground
London, SE1 9RQ
GTB is an innovative agency model designed to deliver true 'integration' within the speed, diversity and potential of modern communications - bringing together best of breed data, media, advertising, technology and content under one roof in multiple markets around the world.
We are a global network of agencies and part of the WPP group. Our founding client is The Ford Motor Company and we are responsible for the majority of Ford's communication budget, forming the world's biggest integrated communications partnership.
This role is sat in the GTB Tech team, our goal is to harness technology as a companion. For us, designing our experiences is about probing a better fit between our humanity and technology.
The UX Designer:
An opportunity for a User Experience Designer to join our fantastic team has become available with our Ford Motors client on a new project. As the Midweight UX Designer you will be responsible for all aspects of user experience including user needs research, behavioural science & cognitive science based usability testing, data analytics and generate wireframes and prototypes ready for development.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a User Experience Designer, you will collaborate with elements of the digital team to set the strategic direction for user experience solutions. You will be a conceptual thinker who can marry a deep understanding of user behaviour and business needs using digital technologies to deliver strategic value to our clients.
More than just coming up with ideas, you must be able to communicate them effectively to internal teams (including Planners, Creatives, Technologists, Project/ Account Managers) and to the client. The type of work ranges from large platform builds to campaign-specific sites and bespoke experiential pieces. You will be working for on the roll-out of the new brand experience for all European markets.
This role might require some travel to client offices.
You will be responsible the creation and specification of user-centric experiences on behalf of our clients. This includes:
- Conducting user research and/or heuristic evaluations.
- Setting the UX strategy and core user experience principles for projects all work.
- Mapping out customer journeys for digital experiences.
- Working with content specialists to develop content strategy.
- Championing the UX solution design with the internal team and the client.
- Working with Client Services and Project Management teams to manage project risks and issues.
- Reporting to the UX Lead on project progress and communicating with other management teams to implement or refine user-experience focused practises.
Wider description of role:
- Representing the UX discipline in new business pitches.
- Thought leadership in the UX discipline, from writing about UX practices to representing the discipline internally in the agency.
- Working with other discipline leads and management teams to implement or refine user-experience focused practises across the agency.
Essential experience required:
- 4+ years industry experience, preferably within an agency/ consultancy environment.
- Background in Psychology, Interaction Design, Usability or other related area.
- Demonstrable experience working across full-lifecycle of campaign-led and complex design-and-build projects.
- Previous experience collaborating with other disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Creating UX artefacts using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Axure, Omnigraffle or similar software.
- Practical knowledge of current web technologies, content management systems and social media platforms.
- Knowledge and interest in the automotive industry would be an advantage.
- Attend, and contribute to, team meetings. Raise internal issues which affect the morale or job performance of the Account Group/Agency.
- Willingness to undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- A flexible attitude to the role's working hours - role includes deadlines
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Proactive and able to self-motivate.
- Good team player.
- Clear thinking and flexible.
- Ability to judge priorities across several pieces of business and varied levels of activity.
- Confident and mature outlook.
- A high degree of energy, commitment, initiative and enthusiasm is required, along with a thirst for knowledge in the Internet marketing arena.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms.
Role: UX Designer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Lambeth, London,
Apply for this job now.