Roles and responsibilities
- Select and build customer orders using a pull sheet (box, label and shrink wrap orders).
- Memorization of each delivery route (customers on each route, the produce each customer orders and the sequence in which the orders will be delivered).
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPS) and Job Safety (refer to your Employee Handbook).
- Follow established safety standards for proper food handling and product rotation.
- Clean and maintain work area and reefers which includes: Cleaning and sanitizing the tables and scales, sweeping the floors especially under the tables.
- Clean and put equipment away at the end of the shift, e. wagons, baskets, brooms and dust pans, crates, boxes, etc.
- Other duties as assigned, ex. running of produce, rotation of produce, cleaning of warehouse, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Pass a background and drug test
· Strong organizational skills
· Detailed oriented
· Produce Knowledge is a plus
· Forklift or pallet jack certification is a plus
· Strong customer service skills
· Must be able to communicate effectively
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
· HS diploma or equivalent preferred
Physical Demands and work environment
- Must be able to work long hours
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, proper lifting, turn body, walk.
- Must be able to properly lift, push, pull and move cases up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to accesses the vehicle
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
Welcome to the Brothers Produce Family. In 36 short years we have become one of the most respected produce companies in the United States. Thanks to our founder's leadership and our dynamic produce experts and team, Brothers has become a leader in the produce industry. We’re passionate about our people and their dedication to excellence and service. Our family and team are recognized for integrity and knowledge. We are proud about the way we do business with our suppliers and truckers. We are proud of our produce quality and service and exceptional pricing. Through the years Brothers has established themselves as one of the largest produce distributors in the state of Texas. Brothers Produce covers the greater Dallas/Ft Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Mcallen and all areas surrounding. Aside from Texas we also cover the Southeast Louisiana region. We distribute a full line of fresh fruits and vegetables, specialty items, and processed items to meet the customers needs.
Role: Order Puller- Apply Online or in person
Apply for this job now.