Company: FOODENG RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Buyer job in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Basic salary between £30,000 - £35,000 pa + Benefits.
Office-Based with early finish on Friday’s.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Buyer / Purchasing officer to join a growing and progressive Engineering business that supplies bespoke machinery to a global manufacturing industry.
Typical duties for the Buyer / Purchasing Officer will include:
- Sourcing and procurement of all engineering components, parts and services.
- Build rapport and foster good working relationships with suppliers
- Negotiating with suppliers on price, contract terms and delivery times.
- Expand Supplier base to satisfy requirements of future business needs.
- Assist and lead Supplier Audits, Supplier Reviews and Benchmarking exercises.
- Daily purchase order placement.
- Maintain accuracy of purchase orders, pricing and inventory.
- Weekly project requirement reviews and ensuring all supply needs are being met.
- Identify supplier risk and develop robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Take ownership of supply issues, resolving them in line with business needs.
- Drive best practice in Supply Chain and deliver continuous improvements.
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years buying/purchasing/procurement experience within an engineering business.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and completes tasks with a high level of accuracy.
- Organised, methodical and analytical.