COMPANY: STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Shaping country behaviors and culture through protecting the Bank against employee-related risk by:
- Ensuring that the relationship between the Bank and its employees is managed appropriately within the Group ER and Conduct framework underpinned by clear standards and ultimately by relevant employment law.
- Effectively managing key external stakeholder relationships with employee representative bodies, legal firms and local labor ministries (where relevant locally).
Champion ER's purpose and vision - be a brand ambassador for ER and the ER agenda.
Manage ER Products and Processes : Redundancy including Collective Consultation, TUPE, Performance Improvement Planning, Redundancy, Disciplinary Management, Grievance Management and others
People and Talent
- Redundancy: Support HRBPs and People Leaders with large scale restructuring and redundancy projects and provide advice on complex / high risk redundancy situations.
- Support and drive the country collective consultation agenda including management of and effective relationship with JCC
- Support & drive TUPE
- Support & drive Offshoring initiatives
- Disciplinary and Grievance Management: Adhere to the global process and standards for Disciplinary and Grievance Management (except where local dispensations or variations have been approved) including management of relevant: investigation(s), meeting(s), outcome delivery, appeals and misconduct flagging.
- Support the management and execution of projects (volume based exercises) related to Disciplinary Management.
- Manage informal issues/grievances with a view to preventing them from becoming a formal case.
- Provide underperformance management and PIP process advisory support to People leaders, such as options to manage underperformance, terminations arising from a PIP, management of issues raised during a PIP.
- Support management of the Bank's relationships with employee representative bodies.
- Ensure appropriate collective agreements are implemented where appropriate.
- Support the country's Management team to manage collective disputes and diffuse business disruptions.
- Support the execution of country and regional Conduct agenda.
- Support the regulatory references process. Review and where required, sign off ER related documentation produced by ER Operations, such as regulatory references to ensure accuracy.
- Play relevant support and advisory role in relation to Close Personal Relationships and Multiple Functions.
Education and Training of HR and People Leaders
- Support People Leaders with Change Management initiatives, in particular Collective Consultation, TUPE, and offshoring
- Proactively update HRBPs and People Leaders on recent employment law legislative changes and developments.
- Support development of products, policies and processes to up-skill People Leaders in effectively dealing with ER matters.
Defining and managing employee-related risk across the country
- Identify, assess, and monitor country ER process risks in line with overall operational risk management framework.
- Create and implement suitable actions to mitigate identified risks.
- Understand current local employment and discrimination law in local and international jurisdictions, together with employee trends to anticipate and minimize employee related risks.
- Support management of any relevant country Standards and process dispensations as may be required.
- Proactive analysis and guidance on ER trends.
Translation of country legislation and regulation into pragmatic actions for country teams
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Build external networks and remain up to date with legislative change and developments and be viewed both internally and externally as an expert in the ER field.
- Collaborate with HR Legal and Compliance and/or external legal counsel for advice and decision on interpretation of local laws and regulations and ER policies, procedures, cases in-country.
- Primary accountability (where relevant) for communicating with local labor ministries on Employee Relations matters, and HR related policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of ER to support European markets in particular, Germany, France, Poland, Sweden
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Country/Business Management Groups ; People Leaders
- Global ER colleagues
- ER Operations
- Country Head of HR/Country HRBPs
- HR Legal
- Country Financial Crime Compliance
- Country PRB
- Employee Representative Bodies
- Legal firms
- Labour Departments
- Employer Associations
- Industry peers
Our Ideal Candidate
- Industry Knowledge
- Operational Risk
- Organisational Change Management
- HR Legal and Regulatory environment
- Employee Relation
- Human Resources Policies, Strategies and Environmen
- HR: Policies, Standards and Procedure
- Human Resources Consultin
- Confidential Investigations
- Employment Law
- Training Solution Recommendation
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.