Vatterott College has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Lead Medical Assistant Instructor. This position is responsible for the leadership of a group of instructors and ensuring the program is in compliance with accreditation standards. The Lead Instructor will also serve as an instructor. This position will report to the Director of Education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees departmental supply and equipment orders and provides input on forecasted expenses for the upcoming term and year.
2. Recruits, interviews, make hiring and termination recommendations and trains new instructors in instructional methods and classroom expectations.
3. May instruct classes 50% of the time (or more as needed) and serve as a tutor and a substitute.
4. Reviews lesson plans and standardized syllabi for technical concepts, course objectives, and ensures proper course planning from term to term. Reviews and provides feedback or approval of submitted course syllabi and submits approved syllabi to the Director of Education no later than 1 week prior to the end of the term.
5. Monitors and ensures faculty submits and maintain current and accurate course information, including the course syllabus, for the faculty resource center. Ensures all faculty maintains the e-Companion course shell including grades, course assignments, activities, and other relevant course content.
6. Monitors and ensures faculty maintain accurate records of attendance, grades, and progress of students, and reports the same in a timely manner to the manager.
7. Recruits Advisory Board members in conjunction with Career Services/Director of Education.
8. Attends all scheduled in-service activities, program advisory meetings, monthly program faculty meetings, campus staff and faculty meetings, and Program Director meetings as scheduled.
9. Schedules and leads monthly department meetings and provides minutes and documentation of attendance to the Director of Education.
10. Monitors faculty scheduling of guest speakers and field trips for students and submits plans to the Director of Education for approval.
11. Collaborates with Instructors and the Retention Office to refer students to internal and external resources that promote student retention.
12. Submits an annual professional development plan to the Campus Director and/or Director of Education by December 1 for the next calendar year.
13. Completes all scheduled/assigned activities in support of the current year's individual faculty development plan. Submits documentation of completed professional development activities to the Campus Director and/or Director of Education before December 1 each calendar year.
14. Ensures all instructors have an annual faculty development plan in place by December 1 for the next calendar year.
15. Monitors progress and collect documentation of completion, of the current year faculty development plan, by December 1 of each calendar year.
16. Serves as an Academic Advisor to an assigned list of students throughout their academic career at Vatterott scheduling a minimum of one appointment per term for each student.
17. Completes documented tutoring and advising of academically struggling students (below 70%) in your course on a weekly basis. May include directing students to non-academic campus resources (retention, financial aid, registrar, etc.).
18. Monitors classroom management and enforcement of school regulations and student code of conduct by all departmental faculty.
19. Participates in graduation ceremonies and other school events as required.
20. Completes administrative duties and other projects as assigned.
21. Consents to faculty classroom observations to be conducted in person and/or by electronic recording each term.
22. Conducts faculty classroom observations in person and/or by electronic recording each term.
23. Serves as a new Faculty and new Program Director mentor as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Requires 4-8 years of Medical Assisting experience. Associate's Degree is required. The position also requires personal computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and Outlook). Excellent spelling and grammar skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, professional, tactful and concise manner, is essential.
EOE M/F D/V
About Vatterott College
Our facilities and our instructors are what separates us from the competition. Vatterott serves a diverse student population across 19 locations in 9 states, as well as a vibrant online community. Each of these institutions takes pride in serving both the student population and the local communities that help continue the Vatterott tradition. Vatterott continues to grow by offering additional diploma and degree programs, launching new locations, and looking for other opportunities to grow and improve our student services. Through this effort, Vatterott was recently named a G.I. Jobs Military Friendly School.
Vatterott offers programs in the fields of Business, Medical, Technical, Trades, Cosmetology, Dental, Legal, Personal Fitness, and Veterinary, as well as many continuing education opportunities. All programs are industry-relevant and designed to support the Vatterott mission of providing career skills for a better life.
Role: Lead Medical Assistant Instructor (Part-Time Mon-Thurs AM and/or PM)
Location: Saint Charles,
Apply for this job now.