The DC Operations GM provides the leadership for the Mullins, SC Fulfillment Center Operations team. As the General Manager, you will be responsible for setting high standards and goals for the Operations team, ensuring that these standards and goals are achieved, while maintaining our core values and company culture. This role requires a results-oriented, high-energy, dynamic individual with both stamina and mental quickness to be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth Distribution Fulfillment Center. Excellent communication skills with all levels of the team’s members will be imperative. In this role you will directly oversee the execution of the daily operational functions and processes necessary to meet and exceed our customer’s order shipment expectations. Strategically, this role will continuously seek to identify opportunities for improvement in operational efficiencies.
This nearly 300,000ft² distribution fulfillment center will be the primary processing facility for several key OES and Big Box Retail customers. Functioning as the primary inbound import container receiving location, this DC will handle an estimated 70% of all inbound freight and an estimated 55% of this sales channel’s customer fulfillment demand. With company annual sales growth exceeding 70%, this site is expected to provide the space and handling capacity necessary to meet our tremendous growth opportunities.
Working Environment Includes:
· High Product SKU counts, driving a mix of small parcel pick/pack/ship orders, combined with LTL and TL pallet quantity shipments.
· The Company has seen explosive growth year over year for the past three years and expected to double its size again by 2019.
· The workplace is a fast-paced high shipping volume operation requiring an extremely high level of organizational and multi-tasking capabilities.
· The right individual must enjoy working in a data and metrics driven performance environment.
· Provides leadership, direction, and management oversite for all direct reports.
· Oversees day to day operations at the Fulfillment Center to attain maximum order processing efficiency in line with meeting customer shipping demands.
· Oversees inbound product receiving, material handling, order prep functions, and the final order shipping scheduling. Able to run the operations at a level which meet customers’ needs, core values, culture, and established metrics.
· Manages the site level facility budget, ensuring financial metrics are achieved. Expected to assist and participate with other company departmental functions while providing an operations perspective.
· Responsible for preparing weekly, monthly, and quarterly KPI reporting for the appropriate executive leadership team.
· Must have the ability to develop metrics, monitor KPI’s and put in place systems and processes to track real time operational performance.
· Recommends policies and programs, which guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position, culture, safety, and the profitability of the operation.
· Ensures operations teams adhere to company policies and are administering HR practices in a fair and equitable manner
· Provides coaching and counseling for managers and employees as required.
· Establishes a consistent appraisal process for the operational staff.
· Takes corrective action as necessary and on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate to ensure legal compliance.
· Ensures standards for product quality, equipment, and Team Member safety and performance are maintained at all times.
· Embraces cost-effective technology that can maximize operational efficiencies.
· Ensures safe and appropriate maintenance practices are in place and followed so that fixed asset’s live expectancies are preserved.
· Keeps up-to-date on warehouse distribution best practices and information technology and recommends ideas to innovate and ensure continual improvement throughout the operation.
· Creates and provides the leadership style that ensures a positive, efficient, safe work environment
· Take appropriate actions that foster a union-free work environment
· Other duties, as assigned
· Possesses the knowledge and concepts of a modern warehouse fulfillment operations.
· Previous exposure with successfully running a DC operation of this size and scale.
· Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
· Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develop/recommend/implement solutions.
· Strong ability to manage through operational changes in process, environment and resources.
· Demonstrated experience successfully managing small, large, and complex projects from beginning to end
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Must be detail-oriented with strong problem solving and negotiating skills
· Have a proven track record of leadership with a customer focused mindset.
· Statistical and analytical analysis knowledge
· KPI and metrics driven mindset
· Must be flexible with schedule as business needs require
· Hands-on experience using Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Excellent employee relationship building skills with demonstrated conflict resolution skills
· Must be approachable, polite and have an impeccable work ethic, supporting our culture
· Possess the ability to work in a 12/6, 365-day environment
· Possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
· BS Degree is required, Masters preferred
· Minimum of 10 years management experience in a fulfillment/distribution/warehouse environment
Serving the Automotive Parts Aftermarket, DMA Sales, LLC sells its products through multiple sales channels ranging from Big Box retailers to traditional distributors. As product development and marketing distribution management company, DMA works with product manufacturers on an exclusive basis for the distribution of their products in the North American marketplace. DMA is an equal opportunity employer with a full package of medical, dental, and 401K benenfits.
Role: DC Operations Manager
Apply for this job now.