Head of Department / RE Teacher
South West /Berkshire
£35000-38000. Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: QTS/PGCE or overseas equivalent. Ability to teach RE confidently. Previous Head of Department experience within Catholic school settings. Knowledge of teaching within the independent sector, or 'Outstanding' schools
Contract date 4th January 2021 - Permanent role
Smart Teachers is presenting the successful Head of Department / RE Teacher with an opportunity to experience educating at its finest, with a Head of Department for RE vacancy. Religion is at the very centre of the school, and dictates its vision, ethos, and values, and is thus, a crucial role to undertake. This school caters for ages 3-14 years and is set in a delightful village within leafy Berkshire. Children here enter school with high levels of ability and are exposed to learning opportunities unlike any other school. If you are a Head of Department / RE Teacher seeking a role within the independent sector and are willing to immerse yourself into extracurricular life, please apply.
- Head of Department / RE Teacher
- To undertake Head of Department responsibilities for the RE division and lead effectively
- To prepare children for common entrance exams/scholarship level
- Work closely with the schools Lay Chaplain to maintain and solidify the spiritual and religious aspects flowing through the school
- Liaise with other senior leaders to ensure a quality provision is maintained
- Teach RE to Years 5-8 boys, and lead on teaching from nursery through to Year 8
- Assist in the planning of Mass, First Holy Communion, morning assemblies and other related events
- To deliver creative and engaging lessons, in line with the principals of meeting the needs of boys education
- To be an active part of extra-curricular life at school, particularly games
- Independent school set in extensive grounds
- Small class sizes
- High expectations in terms of teaching standards and achievement
- Of Catholic denomination
- Strong sporting ethos
To be considered for the Head of Department / RE Teacher position, you will:
- Be able to deliver RE classes proficiently
- Have held previous HOD positions in schools with a history of high achievement
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- QTS/PGCE or overseas equivalent
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.