Service Technician / Maintenance Engineer - Travel required across the UK and Europe.
A rare opportunity for an Electrical / Mechanical or Multi-Skilled Service Technician / Maintenance Engineer to join a highly profitable, ambitious business where you'll benefit from a salary of up to £40,000, the opportunity to travel across Europe and excellent long-term career prospects.
Pan Stone Europe is the exclusive European sales agency for Pan Stone Hydraulic Industries of Taiwan, a manufacturer of high-quality injection and compression moulding machines for the Polymer industry. Backed by extensive experience and product knowledge, Pan Stone Europe is at the forefront of cutting-edge machinery and technology, working with companies to help identify the right machinery for them, and taking care of everything from commission to installation and beyond.
The Service Technician / Maintenance Engineer role
Initially working alongside and benefitting from the knowledge and guidance of the company's Senior Service Technician, as a Service Technician you will carry out maintenance and servicing of machines across client sites within the UK and Europe.
You will conduct full inspection of machines, complete fault-finding diagnosis to identify issues, rectify those issues where possible, and liaise with clients to order spare parts when necessary.
Due to your involvement with clients on a daily basis, you will be required to have excellent communication and people skills, along with the ability to break down language barriers and the confidence to upsell spare parts / additional Pan Stone Europe services where appropriate.
During your first weeks, you will benefit from in-house training of all testing equipment, machines and Pan Stone's customer database and services range. As part of your ongoing training, you will also travel to the Pan Stone head office in Taiwan, where you'll benefit from on-site technical training.
As a Service Technician / Maintenance Engineer, you'll benefit from:
- A salary in the region of £35,000 to £40,000 with the level dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company van
- All expenses paid by the company whilst you are travelling
- Pension scheme and private health insurance following probation period
- Annual company performance-based bonus
- A relaxed, down to earth team of colleagues who will support your career progression
You'll be employed on a permanent contract, working approximately 40 hours per week between Monday to Friday, but working hours will vary each week dependent on customer requirements and travel times. Your base will be in Llay (Wrexham), with extensive travel required across customer sites in the UK and Europe.
Requirements for this Service Technician / Maintenance Engineer role
- Proven experience within a similar Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Engineer role
- Excellent fault-finding skills for electrical / hydraulic / mechanical systems
- Good working knowledge of PLCs, preferably Omron and B&R
- Willingness to travel extensively across the UK and Europe
All applications for this Service Technician (Electrical Bias) vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.