The SAS Supervisor is responsible to lead a large team that effectively executes on merchandising needs within an assigned territory. This role will analyze and determine the most crucial needs of the assigned customer team and align the organization and talent to deliver and execute on those needs. The SAS Supervisor will support the Program Director to leverage organizational resources and partner with the client to ensure retail business objectives are met.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contribution:
- Leads a team of up to 150 Retail Associates. Responsible for all operational activity and personnel decisions including the management of SAS Associates and their professional representation of SAS in the field at all times.
- Supports business objectives through placement of new items in assigned stores, proper allocation of resources and accurate/timely reporting.
- Optimizes customer satisfaction/loyalty through timely and accurate completion of all retail projects.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities, deadlines, demands and assignments while maintaining cohesive and harmonious relationships.
- Partners with leaders throughout SAS Operations to drive initiatives, programs and services and enable the organization to deliver on its mission, strategies, and goals.
- Collaborates with SAS Management on new business and revenue opportunities.
- Conducts store audits to ensure all retail projects are accurately completed.
- Effectively handles employee relations issues in partnership with HR resources.
- Oversees the recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training of new SAS Associates.
- Communicates SAS policies and, trains and mentors team members.
- Builds rapport with the client to increase brand representation.
- Maintains customer objectives by ensuring products are fully stocked, correctly signed, properly faced and meet customers’ shelf schematic standards.
- Effectively manages expenses to ensure adherence to budget including labor hours, expense reports and mileage.
- Associates degree or relevant work experience
- 4+ years of applicable experience, preferably in retail or sales
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong prioritization skills
- Experience in delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
- Flexibility to change according to business needs
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Must be able to work effectively in web-based applications and unique systems to SAS (i.e., GAMS)
Position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all essential functions, duties and required skills. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties at any time.
Partner with SAS and benefit from over 30 years of experience developing merchandising service programs for the nation's leading retailers and consumer brands.
SAS provides national retail merchandising services to a host of fortune 500 CPG companies, Distributors and Wholesalers within the Grocery, Mass, Home/Hardware and Drug channels.
Role: Field/Retail Supervisor – Merchandising
Apply for this job now.