Small minority-owned construction firm is looking for a part-time Project Assistant to grow with the company.
This is a part-time morning position (8 am to 1pm), Monday to Friday .
Hours can be negotiable and additional hours may be available depending on what projects are underway at the time.
Position pays $15 per hour and there is an opportunity for full-time employment in the future.
- The ideal person should have the following skills/habits:
- A self-starter who is punctual, efficient, and able to work under pressure
- Computer savvy with the ability to work with minimal guidance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Quickbooks
- Able to read drawings/blue prints with some CAD experience is a plus
-Certify payroll, Paviling Wages and Union Dues
-Respond to Audits , Applications and RE-Certification
- Good communicator,
-Attention to details and high level of accuracy.
-Flexibility with scheduling
-Strong ability to multitask
-Light Estimating - figuring out linear and square feet from drawings and getting quotes from vendors.
-Respond to vendor, contractor, and client queries by phone, e-mail, or by written letter.
-Create business letters, reports, and estimates in Word and Excel
-Maintain office files both electronic and hard copy
-Maintain the owner's business calendar
-Basic Accounting AP/AR Quickbooks data entry, payroll, perform Light book-keeping and create follow up on invoices (2 companies)
-Document and log hours for workers
-Other day-to-day administrative duties
This small I'm-home firm has been in business over 12 years and is based in the Brooklyn area with projects in the local NYC metro area only.
The firm utilizes union labor and works with local municipalities, such as the MTA and SCA, and for larger General Contractors in the following areas:
- Ornamental/Architectural Metalwork, including Elevators and Kiosks
- Glazing, Windows, Doors and accessories
Role: P/T Office Admin
Apply for this job now.